The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old Today, 06:56 AM   #1
Boog
laying low

Re: Self-Check Out Only @ Lowes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryans69chevy View Post
33 today. I've never liked the self checkouts. Even if there is a line at the checkers and not the self checkouts, I will still just stand in line for the human.
Reminds me of when I was wiring a McDonald's that was going through an extensive remodel a few years ago. I was finishing up a bunch of the equipment out in the lobby which was towards the end of the 5 or 6 week project. I decided I wanted to have McDonald's for lunch that day. I walked up to the counter to order food and the worker tells me that they just put in self checkout kiosks and that I should use those. I kinda chuckled at her and told her that I was the one that wired them up and literally walked through your kitchen a few minutes ago to turn the circuit on. I then told her I'd rather place my order with you instead of the kiosk. She kept insisting on me ordering from the kiosk instead of her. Soon another employee walks up to the counter to see what was going on. Finally I say to both of them - you do realize the more people that use these new kiosks, the less they will need you standing behind this counter? (They both give me blank stares) so eventually you won't have this job anymore. Suddenly, they were both more than happy to take my order and remained at that counter for their shift taking peoples orders.
Some times you bout have to slap some of them to get their attention. Hello, are you awake in their?
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote