The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old Today, 01:36 AM   #1
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Europe Visit

Lots of Italy. If you think they drive fast in the USA, try Rome. One night was enough. Little cars and scooters, they hit the gas and ask questions later. We headed North to Tuscan, much more peaceful.

Rome ruins and Colosseum. Didn't get to go inside the Colosseum, but I saw where it's rim gave way at some point. Looked down and in a crack there was I piece of it. Concrete of sorts on small piece of river gravel, who knew. Pretty good for 2K years old. Didn't make it inside Vatican Basilica, but look that one up on youtube if never seen, I'm blown away mankind could do that.

Florence Uffizi. All I can say is wow. Right up until you reach the area for contemporary art, what a travesty. Statue of David pretty cool too.

Assisi St. Francis, tomb of St. Clare. And Francis, sort of.

My gal's dad has a Ferrari, and "says" he's interested in buying a yellow one. That gets you privy to the Ferrari factory. We saw how they're built, about 1300-ish of them annually, 5000 employees. Saw where they build cars for the track, big brains in that area. And where they store them for clients, perhaps 200 race cars. Apparently takes a team to run one. Saw their restorations in progress, bring money they might take interest.

Went to the track, and luck has it there were Ferraris running it, street rides. Ferrari Jr. has a house next to the track. But of all the cars I saw in Europe, somehow I liked a Volvo 1800ES just sitting on the road best. Beautiful black, like new. I sure like the new Ferrari in dark green though, with a V12 thanks. They build a lot of hybrids now. No pics. allowed.

Best of the best was train through Swiss Alps. We stayed in Neuchβtel a few nights. It's nice, but next time if there ever is one, I don't travel much short this year, first time to Europe. I hate airports and the flights worse than that.

Few cities in Germany. Spent a day with my gals family in the Netherlands. I'm not sure where I'm moving either a small village in Netherlands or the same in the Alps I don't like big cities anymore The Netherland's matriarch recalls a German Soldier with a gun to his head as allied forces took over the sky. He asked "shall I pull the trigger 5 minutes before the war ends?". Nobody said a word, and he ran off.

Colmar France a few nights, and some very cool small villages. My gal's cousin's grandpa owned a nice house in a small village, the NAZI took it over WWII, allowed the family to live there, slavery other terms, but what they didn't know is grandpa, who was dad at the time lived in the attic, and had a radio. His son, this fellow's dad would read and deliver info. to his father. Anyway, old church across the way.

We saw lots of churches, cathedrals and such. One of the oldest was a tiny one in a small village, some of it dating back to Roman. Down the street from it I found a fossil that had fallen from embankment. About 7 lbs., I brought it home. Full of shell fossils, nowhere near the sea, which is much lower and 100ish miles away. Very cool little town, we spent about 10 days in the area of Tuscany.

Foreigners tended to ask what happened to our country, and that was even before Trump was shot. Unbelievable, don't get me started on that one. I was in security, not near what they're supposed to do. Better to have Boy Scouts or farmers plan and execute than our Homeland Security.

Europe is cleaner than USA, but cigarette butts everywhere. Folks don't get their panties in a bunch over smokers with courtesy. Oh my the Autobahns, geezuz.............Should have seen the HWY patrol taking part in the fun. They'll come after some anyways, it would seem. Things happen awfully fast. We nearly hit a large mammal entering the freeway, doing about 68.

What's real cool is the age of things, if you like old stuff then Europe is paradise. Some pics.
Attached Images

71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assembly kit for restoring the (a) truck from the ground up. My build thread, and more on the assembly kit https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; Today at 02:04 AM.
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:40 AM   #2
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Europe Visit

More
Attached Images

71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assembly kit for restoring the (a) truck from the ground up. My build thread, and more on the assembly kit https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
Old Today, 01:58 AM   #3
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Few more
Attached Images

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; Today at 02:08 AM.
Old Today, 07:27 AM   #4
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Very cool. Spent all my time in the far east, but my daughter went to italy. She loved Venice and the Vatican

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:07 PM   #5
Getter-Done

Looks like a Fun trip.

They built stuff to last back then.
63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:51 PM   #6
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Great pics, looks like it was a great time. Cant beat Europe if you have an interest in history. We've traveled in the NE section of the states several times and are amazed with the history back there. Nothing compared to European time lines though.

MY sister in law and her bf booked flights to Europe for September. Got Eurail rail passes and are thinking they will be gone for 6 weeks.

Its something I would like to try someday. Depending on how their trip turns out =)
Old Today, 02:08 PM   #7
GOPAPA

Nice time you had ,,thanks for sharing as I know I will never be overseas ever.. home body now ,, I like to look at what others see and do though