The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old Today, 02:31 PM   #1
eodcoduto

Re: 1968 K10 Shortbed Stepside

Its been a year but the K10 is back on the road. As usual things snowballed and once the transmission was out, I couldn't leave the leaking rear main.... so now it has a rebuilt engine. Stock rebuild with a .040" over bore, the head was cracked so it has an earlier head the machinist had, I'm not sure on the head year but it doesn't have the water temp port in it.

Quite a few small things were fixed, cleaned, and rebuilt and it runs great. I went to put it up for sale but I wanted my 9 year old daughter to drive it once, and as soon as that video was seen, she was gifted the pickup as an "early inheritance".

So now that it is hers, its time to tackle some of the things we (I) don't like. The cab lights, grab bars, aftermarket column, body lift and so on. The 250 will stay for a long time unless a cheap 292 pops up. Right now I'm researching some things like the correct dash bezel, what color the grille should be, stock tire and wheel sizes, and so on.
Attached Images

eodcoduto is online now   Reply With Quote