The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-16-2024, 06:56 AM   #51
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Re: 69 shop truck

It's coming out nice..

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 10:46 AM   #52
Chevys4life

The shop truck is coming along nicely!!!!
Chevys4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 08:39 PM   #53
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
It's coming out nice..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevys4life View Post
The shop truck is coming along nicely!!!!
Thanks guys

My order came in from Rock Auto today. Ordered an ACC rubber mat and a carb rebuild kit. Glad I ordered the right mat. THis one goes all the way back to the tank and way up into the dash. It looks like I will have plenty of trimming to do but appears to be nice quality.

I forgot to order my 5 gallon bucket of patience for the carb kit though I usually have less than good luck with small parts repair. So far going pretty good but had to post a question in the engine forum about a part that i think should be in there that is not. Will wait till I get some smarter people than I before finishing it up, but it definitely needed pulled apart. I am surprised it ran at all.

Attached Images

Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2024, 02:38 PM   #54
richard2717

Never did learn how to post video here but I got the carb rebuilt, reinstalled and the truck is running pretty good now. Idles on its own and is pretty responsive on the throttle. I may end up converting to cable and get rid of the rod. It feels like it has a sticky spot. Also had a local guy respond to my FB ad looking for a bed and drivers door. He lives about 3 miles from me as the crow flies but have to drive 20-25 miles to get to him because of the river. He said he had a 72 with a bad rear end and did not know if I would be interested in it for parts. It won't be a parts truck but it did come home with me.

Attached Images

Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
Old 06-23-2024, 02:47 PM   #55
Getter-Done

Nice Find.

The way I would post a video is,

I put it on my U tube channel.
Then load it here on the site.
63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2024, 02:48 PM   #56
richard2717

The rear end was completely out of it and has been sitting on jackstands in his driveway for several years. sp long in fact that the stands had sunk into the blacktop (his wife was real happy about that but not as happy as seeing me load it up ) I went and looked at it in person last week but he could not find the title at the time. He fast tracked one from the DMV and I met back with him this morning. I did not have a 5 lug rear already pulled but had a 6 lug one sitting here and a couple tires. Jack, more stands couple wheel dollies and the dewalt impact made quick work getting it rolling. Took about an hour and 40 minutes from start to having it loaded on the trailer. There was a cars & coffee going on about a mile away so stopped in on my buddy and showed him my find. Have not taken a super close look at it but appears OG paint. I even have a good hood the right color and a nice grill. Rust is minimal. Here is a picture of the pinion that was sitting with the axle.
Still had brand new drums, Shoes and seals sitting on the front seat.

Now back to our regularly scheduled red and white programming

Attached Images

Old 06-23-2024, 02:51 PM   #57
richard2717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getter-Done View Post
Nice Find.

The way I would post a video is,

I put it on my U tube channel.
Then load it here on the site.
I know even less about Utube and don't think I even want to. Spend too much time on the puter now and every time I go on utube I get strung out. I might have been looking for a video of a carb rebuild and before you know it I am sitting watching giraffe's playing badminton
Old 06-23-2024, 03:17 PM   #58
Getter-Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard2717 View Post
I know even less about Utube and don't think I even want to. Spend too much time on the puter now and every time I go on utube I get strung out. I might have been looking for a video of a carb rebuild and before you know it I am sitting watching giraffe's playing badminton
I thought that only happened to Me.

Old 06-23-2024, 07:22 PM   #59
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard2717 View Post
...and before you know it I am sitting watching giraffe's playing badminton
Ok I had to google that, this is all I could find. Please provide link of giraffes playing badmitten
Attached Images

Old 06-23-2024, 07:40 PM   #60
Getter-Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Ok I had to google that, this is all I could find. Please provide link of giraffes playing badmitten
Here's some Fried Chicken Badminton
Got to watch till the end.

http://www.youtube.com/shorts/DxnrKG5FYR8

Old Yesterday, 07:13 PM   #61
Chevys4life

Nice find Richard and addition to your stable.
Chevys4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:50 PM   #62
richard2717

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Sorry Mark, but it takes hours of forwarding thru next suggested clips to come up with some of the stuff I see on there. It is just amazing the stuff that is posted as well as how it gets associated with the original search. But if I ever do come across it again I will be sure to send you the link