The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old Today, 04:04 PM   #1
vintovka

Re: 55 years ago I was given this USAF 54 3100

Having suffered the 235 for 30 years from 69 thru 99 i can only remember the bad stuff. The horrible, many multi hour long trips on I-15 from Las Vegas to LA and back in a weekend were brutal. Max speed was often like 55- max due strong desert headwinds. Always at nighttime due to temps and stripped to skivvies. Peeling exposed back and leg skin off the Naugahyde and (the seat springs out of ones butt) was always fun.

As for technology i think we might agree you had to be skilled to survive back then. Current tech makes most current drivers heavily dependent on inherent mechanical and electrochromic safety devices. Insurance companies have indicated its both proven to falsely increase driver confidence and to assume ever other vehicle is similarly safe.

On another small matter i think i have the sound system set up to operate how i want it. and will post pics if anyone cares.
vintovka is online now   Reply With Quote