The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old Today, 10:27 AM   #1
Micmac

Nice Ride Yesterday

I'm building a bridge on my property to move my driveway about 500 feet down the road because I'm defying death every time I come out of my property. People like to come around the corner about 65 in a 35 MPH zone. That can be problematic when you are pulling out on a 75 year old motorcycle with a suicide clutch. I digress..... so I went up to a little sawmill about70 miles from here to purchase some 6X6's. Decided to take my '70 C-30 dump truck. It was a beautiful day in Northern Maine. 75 degrees, sunny not a cloud in the sky. I loaded up the cab with my shop radio, some a thermos a couple of cigars and my fly rod and headed up US 1 along the border with New Brunswick . I'm here to tell ya, it was the best time I've had in awhile. Truck performed flawlessly, I actually caught a few trout and enjoyed them for dinner last night. With all the idiocy going one in the world today, it was nice to get out and just be in nature with one of my prized possessions. If you're a young person please know days like yesterday made all those years of getting up at 4 AM and stumbling through the day, scrimping to put money away for retirement all really worthwhile. Thank you for listening to my ramble.
Pete
1947 Indian Chief Roadmaster with Sidecar.
2012 Indian Chief Serial #002 of 110 built in '12
2016 Indian Chief Roadmaster
Micmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:36 PM   #2
Boog
laying low

Re: Nice Ride Yesterday

Heck yeah! I get tired of being at home and some times I just take a morning ride around the county in the '91 Chevy truck, Ruby. Just a cruise around in no particular hurry, maybe give it a wash while I'm out by myself.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:38 PM   #3
GOPAPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micmac View Post
I'm building a bridge on my property to move my driveway about 500 feet down the road because I'm defying death every time I come out of my property. People like to come around the corner about 65 in a 35 MPH zone. That can be problematic when you are pulling out on a 75 year old motorcycle with a suicide clutch. I digress..... so I went up to a little sawmill about70 miles from here to purchase some 6X6's. Decided to take my '70 C-30 dump truck. It was a beautiful day in Northern Maine. 75 degrees, sunny not a cloud in the sky. I loaded up the cab with my shop radio, some a thermos a couple of cigars and my fly rod and headed up US 1 along the border with New Brunswick . I'm here to tell ya, it was the best time I've had in awhile. Truck performed flawlessly, I actually caught a few trout and enjoyed them for dinner last night. With all the idiocy going one in the world today, it was nice to get out and just be in nature with one of my prized possessions. If you're a young person please know days like yesterday made all those years of getting up at 4 AM and stumbling through the day, scrimping to put money away for retirement all really worthwhile. Thank you for listening to my ramble.
Pete
I would really like to of came with you up to that little sawmill ,, I worked my way up to sawyer back in my young days ,, I ran a over and under circle saws one being 54 inch and the top one 38 inch , and I also read that you drove by New Brunswick ,( I happen to have a old wind up record player Named Bruswick 1922 .). It's great that you built a new driveway entrance as that is money well spent.. thx for sharing ,,enteresting reading
Old Today, 08:56 PM   #4
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

That sounds like a real pleasure. I stink when it comes to fish. They hate me for some reason. Haven't fished in decades.

When I was younger I had some nice scenic routes that I rode my motorcycle or drove my car on, dozens of miles of windy roads. After sitting in traffic for so many hours commuting to and from work, got pretty burned out on it. I am starting to feel a pull, though. Maybe when my wife is out of town, so I don't have to explain where I went for most of a day, I may visit some of those old roads.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is online now   Reply With Quote