The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-15-2024, 02:48 PM   #5901
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
I can just see Mark (72c20customcamper) looking at your pile of wood ... Oh isnt that a cute little wood pile as he looks at his mountain range of cut and split wood.

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2024, 06:32 PM   #5902
72c20customcamper

Quote:
I can just see Mark (72c20customcamper) looking at your pile of wood ... Oh isnt that a cute little wood pile as he looks at his mountain range of cut and split wood.
I would never do that
Attached Images

1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2024, 08:38 PM   #5903
Ironhorse

Seems to me you just did, My little wood pile while "cute" works for us as I don't heat totally with wood which I believe you do? I like to burn in the evenings to ease the natural gas usage which like everything else now days just keeps going up and up in cost. I have a larger pile which I will be splitting before much longer. Should pretty well fill the wood shed for my needs for some time.
Attached Images

Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2024, 07:27 AM   #5904
72c20customcamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
Seems to me you just did, My little wood pile while "cute" works for us as I don't heat totally with wood which I believe you do? I like to burn in the evenings to ease the natural gas usage which like everything else now days just keeps going up and up in cost. I have a larger pile which I will be splitting before much longer. Should pretty well fill the wood shed for my needs for some time.
No disrespect here . Every situation is different in regards to wood and yes it’s my main heat source since my house has electric heat .
1969 AMX ,
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
Old 10-16-2024, 07:35 AM   #5905
yuccales

This splitter saved my back for sure. Splits in both directions. Made short work of these rounds.
Attached Images

yuccales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2024, 08:27 AM   #5906
Ironhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper View Post
No disrespect here .
And none taken, as you mentioned, everyone's situation is different. We burn the fireplace mainly in the evening, keeps the gas furnace from coming on as often or sometimes not at all. Nothing like a good blazing fireplace in the evening with the wind and snow outside to give a sense of comfort.

We installed the fireplace years ago during a home re-model. It uses outside air to burn with, glass doors, two speed blowers with thermostat and is connected into the central air ducts. Very pleased with it, was not cheap but then "cheap is not good and good is not cheap" comes into play many times.

I would suspect electric heat is not an in-expensive option at all for heat. I recall years ago there seemed to be a big push on new home construction to go "all electric,,,,clean, efficient and affordable" were the catch words of the time. As with so many other things of the time, "affordable" has changed quite a bit thru the years. Out natural gas has changed price points many times thru the years. Was just announced last week that another gas price increase which is just in time for this winter.

yuccales, my hydraulic splitter also will split horizontally and vertically for the big rounds. Sure does save on the back to just be able to cut slabs off the big chunks. Splitting wood with an ax and wedge or a maul is a process that will turn a young man old really quick, LOL.
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks

Last edited by Ironhorse; 10-16-2024 at 08:32 AM.
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2024, 07:37 PM   #5907
72c20customcamper

The only thing good I can say about electric is you get 100% of the heat nothing goes up the chimney. It’s terribly expensive though my splitter a Timberwolf tw1 is strictly a horizontal unit but I cheat no lifting
Attached Images

1969 AMX ,
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
Old 10-16-2024, 08:32 PM   #5908
67 twins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper View Post
The only thing good I can say about electric is you get 100% of the heat nothing goes up the chimney. It’s terribly expensive though my splitter a Timberwolf tw1 is strictly a horizontal unit but I cheat no lifting
Anything that saves your back so not cheating, it's just smart.
72 C1500 Sierra Grande 350 TH350 longbed fleetside=wife's fair weather truck
Can you tell we are fans of longbed fleetsides & 67s
Chris
67 twins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2024, 08:40 PM   #5909
LS short box

Picked up the 700 Kodiak from the local after its 20 hour service. Deer hunting in a few weeks. May need it to haul the big buck out of the woods? LOL.
LS short box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2024, 01:22 PM   #5910
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS short box View Post
Picked up the 700 Kodiak from the local after its 20 hour service. Deer hunting in a few weeks. May need it to haul the big buck out of the woods? LOL.

You could come to Southern Iowa and look for this big boy.....
Attached Images

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2024, 09:22 PM   #5911
CG
BlahBlahBlah

I finished this puzzle. It was in a box of my wife’s fathers and uncles from when they were kids. There were a whole bunch of puzzles from back in the forties but this was the only one that was closed and not spilling out. Unfortunately it was missing two pieces. Years ago I had found another of their puzzles in with some old games. It was missing one piece. I suppose when a puzzle or a game has been around 60 to 70 years pieces are bound to go missing.
Attached Images

Old 10-24-2024, 09:58 PM   #5912
Getter-Done

Quote:
I finished this puzzle. It was in a box of my wife’s fathers and uncles from when they were kids. There were a whole bunch of puzzles from back in the forties but this was the only one that was closed and not spilling out. Unfortunately it was missing two pieces. Years ago I had found another of their puzzles in with some old games. It was missing one piece. I suppose when a puzzle or a game has been around 60 to 70 years pieces are bound to go missing.
My Grandpa was a Big fan of Puzzles.

They actually framed some of them.

I was trained to do the outside pieces first.
This made sense because then it was just Pay attention to the Colors after that.

63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2024, 10:09 AM   #5913
Boog
laying low

I don't think it would be too hard to recreate those missing pieces.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2024, 11:45 AM   #5914
CG
BlahBlahBlah

I could probably replicate like you said but its going to get tossed. It was fun to build thinking about how the young brothers built it as kids. Two in their 90's now, one passed also would have been 90's, and one later 80's.

As far as actually putting it together, it was a pain. Had very few frame pieces that actually interlocked and the interior of the puzzle had zero interlocking pieces. All could be slid together. This meant if you bumped the puzzle at all it would slide apart all over the place ... Doh!

I thought it was a neat subject matter.
Old 10-26-2024, 10:38 AM   #5915
CAMAROBOY68SS

Spent Friday taking the 61 out for some nice photos of the car as it currently sits finally as the weather is about to turn to true fall (ie rain) in the PNW so that means to start with the winter changes and fixing some bugs to this car that we have been planning and figuring out the last month or so since buying it back.
Attached Images

C10 Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=833278

The "Others"
1933 Ford Pickup (Camaro in disguise)
2017 Camaro SS

Life long Chevy guy
CAMAROBOY68SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:53 AM   #5916
Lost in the 60's

I really like your '61, especially the colors.
There are only a couple things that grab my attention for changes. The rear bumper guards, they would need to go. To me, they break up the rest of the smooth flowing lines.
The brake booster would need to be swapped for a correct one in black. Most everything else under the hood looks period correct at a glance, but that booster just jumps out at me.
Lost in the 60's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:10 PM   #5917
CAMAROBOY68SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in the 60's View Post
I really like your '61, especially the colors.
There are only a couple things that grab my attention for changes. The rear bumper guards, they would need to go. To me, they break up the rest of the smooth flowing lines.
The brake booster would need to be swapped for a correct one in black. Most everything else under the hood looks period correct at a glance, but that booster just jumps out at me.
Yeah Im gonna take the guards off both ends and hope the bumpers are not too bad beneath them, if they are well Ill stick them back on.

We are going to be pulling the motor out late winter/early spring as we are going to be building a 409 340hp long block to swap out (340hp heads luckily have the same intake bolt pattern to keep the tri power, but bigger valves) So gonna clean up the engine bay while its out. Master cylinder needs to be repainted so might paint the booster black at that time as well. I dont think a stock booster will work due to the original single pot master cylinder had a different bolt pattern using 4 bolts vs 2 on this aftermarket kit for the disc brakes up front. Plus it works really good currently, but hiding it a little would do it some good. Yeah take the booster away the engine bay looks pretty much like the photos of the 61 my grandfather ordered new in 61. He had the little chrome air cleaners on it first week after getting the car. Tossed that big ol air cleaner on the side of the house. I did just score a solid original tri power air cleaner than needs a tiny amount of work, but Ill restore if I ever get the urge to slap it on.

The "Others"
2017 Camaro SS

Life long Chevy guy
Old Yesterday, 04:02 PM   #5918
LS short box

Spent a bit of time today detailing the Mustang getting it ready for the long winter snooze.
Pic.
Attached Images

LS short box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:08 PM   #5919
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

I'm going to join the people admiring that car. It's a real beauty! If you look around, there are manual master cylinders for disc brakes, so that's an option. Not too much difference in pedal pressure. But power is nice. You might try putting the original style air cleaner housing on temporarily just to see if the teeny filters are restricting your air flow. I know, that tri-power roar sounds so good, though!

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:29 PM   #5920
CAMAROBOY68SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
I'm going to join the people admiring that car. It's a real beauty! If you look around, there are manual master cylinders for disc brakes, so that's an option. Not too much difference in pedal pressure. But power is nice. You might try putting the original style air cleaner housing on temporarily just to see if the teeny filters are restricting your air flow. I know, that tri-power roar sounds so good, though!
on this car the booster is actually doing quite a bit, I drove this car with the manual brakes and it had a very hard pedal that did not really stop the car, its a much better driving car with the booster so I wont be going back to manual.

As far as the air cleaners, I think its a wash on flow as the original unit has to suck through two tiny snorkels for all 3 carbs. I would have to change the passenger side valve cover for it to actually fit as well. The plug wire stand was alot shorter on factory tri power cars. Currently we have a 4 barrel piece on it.

The "Others"
2017 Camaro SS

Life long Chevy guy
Old Yesterday, 05:30 PM   #5921
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMAROBOY68SS View Post
on this car the booster is actually doing quite a bit, I drove this car with the manual brakes and it had a very hard pedal that did not really stop the car, its a much better driving car with the booster so I wont be going back to manual.

As far as the air cleaners, I think its a wash on flow as the original unit has to suck through two tiny snorkels for all 3 carbs. I would have to change the passenger side valve cover for it to actually fit as well. The plug wire stand was alot shorter on factory tri power cars. Currently we have a 4 barrel piece on it.
👍The things I learn. I drove a '60 Impala that was traded in when I worked a Chevrolet dealer, right out of HS. That was a fun driver, even with the TurboGlide in it. Little Old Lady owned it!

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:37 AM   #5922
Lost in the 60's

I have a 340 headed, 409 sitting on a stand I've been starting to think I should pass along. '65 truck block, '61 heads and single 4 intake with a 380 hp cam. Nice running engine I had in my '62 SS. Sucks we're so far apart to see/hear it run.
On the booster, I don't recall the master having 4 bolts, but it's not visible in this pic either and the car is gone...
Attached Images

Lost in the 60's is offline   Reply With Quote