The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Tools, Shops and Shop Safety

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old Today, 05:05 PM   #1
dmjlambert

Re: angle grinders and cutting wheels

I am now a 1%er. I bought Dewalt DWE402W 11 amp grinder from Lowes, and Dewalt N311419 Angle Grinder Guard from an eBay seller. There was no way to research the part number, nothing useful in the manual, and Dewalt does not publish or make available to their own tech support that part number, I just had to order it and see if it fits. It fits.

Tech support for Makita, Dewalt, Bosch, and Milwaukee all bad. I feel Dewalt did not deserve my business, but they got it anyway. Ridgid is in another category of bad, I would have preferred theirs, but they flat out say in their owner manuals cutting discs are not for their grinder tools at all, and supposedly guards for cutting discs are not available. I'm sure tool owners are running out and buying cutting discs for their Ridgid grinders just like the people do for any other brand. Ridgid actually makes cuttings discs that will fit their own grinders.

I haven't ground or cut anything yet with the guards removed, and I have not found the guards to get in the way.
dmjlambert is offline   Reply With Quote