The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old Today, 06:33 PM   #1
Mike_The_Grad

1973 k10 fitech ultimate LS no fuel

Hey everyone. I swapped 5.3 lm7 with 4l60e into my buddies 73 k10. New everything. Fuel system, hydroboost, cooling system, the works. I also rewired the entire truck with american autowire classic update kit. Truck has power everywhere it needs it. Lights, gauges, fitech handheld works. Throttle position sensor responds in handheld, coolant temperature registers, fuel gauge works. When I crank the engine, fitech handheld shows no rpms. I did upload inital base tune from fitech menu. Hard set with key off. Fuel pump sounds like it's cycling. But there's no fuel pressure. I cracked fuel line at fuel rail nothing. Not even smell of gasoline. Tank is half full. I took return line off at corvette style regulator on frame. Nothing. Blew air back into tank and then rush of gasoline. So I connected it back to regulator. Cranked again. Nothing. No fuel at rail. Power to pump because gauge registers. I can hear the fuel pump cycle. But I don't feel the tank vibrate or anything. New walbro 255 lph in tank pump with spectra sending unit brand new in 1987 r10 fuel tank. Ptfe -6 lines all the way. Any help did i fry the fuel pump? How do I prime the pump even though I've cycled the key 25 times. After reconnecting the fuel return line to the regulator filter, I pulled the pressure line after the regulator filter and bone dry. Cycled key, check it again bone dry. What gives????

Instagram: Mike_The_Grad
Mike_The_Grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:34 PM   #2
Mike_The_Grad

Re: 1973 k10 fitech ultimate LS no fuel

I also replaced the crank sensor and cam sensor this morning. Still no change in handheld rpms. Please help!!! Ha ha.

Instagram: Mike_The_Grad
Mike_The_Grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:56 PM   #3
LS short box

Re: 1973 k10 fitech ultimate LS no fuel

Not trying to be clever here but do you have the FFR hooked up back wards? Also is it a GM or Wix FFR?
Maybe hot wire the pump and see if you are getting fuel to the FFR?
Is the 255 pump a "real" Walbro pump? Not an ebay special?
Out side guess is the 255 bottomed out in the tank blocking the sock on the bottom of the tank?
LS short box is online now   Reply With Quote