The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-30-2024, 01:57 AM   #51
Loco83

Re: Self-Check Out Only @ Lowes

I use self check out all the time, no problems here
Loco83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2024, 06:56 AM   #52
Boog
laying low

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryans69chevy View Post
33 today. I've never liked the self checkouts. Even if there is a line at the checkers and not the self checkouts, I will still just stand in line for the human.
Reminds me of when I was wiring a McDonald's that was going through an extensive remodel a few years ago. I was finishing up a bunch of the equipment out in the lobby which was towards the end of the 5 or 6 week project. I decided I wanted to have McDonald's for lunch that day. I walked up to the counter to order food and the worker tells me that they just put in self checkout kiosks and that I should use those. I kinda chuckled at her and told her that I was the one that wired them up and literally walked through your kitchen a few minutes ago to turn the circuit on. I then told her I'd rather place my order with you instead of the kiosk. She kept insisting on me ordering from the kiosk instead of her. Soon another employee walks up to the counter to see what was going on. Finally I say to both of them - you do realize the more people that use these new kiosks, the less they will need you standing behind this counter? (They both give me blank stares) so eventually you won't have this job anymore. Suddenly, they were both more than happy to take my order and remained at that counter for their shift taking peoples orders.
Some times you bout have to slap some of them to get their attention. Hello, are you awake in their?
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2024, 09:43 AM   #53
72c20customcamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard2717 View Post
Our local lowes also is not allowed to give bags out for you to put what you bought in it. You have to bring your own bags if you want one. I just go next town over if I need a bunch of small stuff or I bring in competitor bags to load my stuff. I have even brought in Lowes plastic bags a couple of times and made the comment on the way out I was glad they were finally giving out bags again. Make no sense to me. THey banned plastic straws here, so now you get a paper straw in a plastic cover. They banned styrofoam takeout trays for food so now they hand out clear plastic ones. THey banned plastic shopping bags but the millions of other products you get from the stores all come in.....plastic. Humans are the only species I can think of that let the dumbest of them run the place.
I have noticed since NY banned one time use bags I have seen a dramatic reduction of bags tangled up in trees and shrubs . At first they were charging 5cents if you wanted paper bags but lately the bags are free . We still use to much plastic I try to buy stuff not in plastic whenever possible . Specially seltzer which I drink a lot of I buy it in aluminum cans because it’s one of the easiest and most recycled not just thrown in a landfill .

I’ve actually left cartfulls of items when they have no manned registers . Walmart is the worst for having 15 registers and one or two open .
1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2024, 12:08 PM   #54
Willowrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco83 View Post
I use self check out all the time, no problems here
Same here. Actually prefer it. Faster and no need for small talk.
Willowrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2024, 08:59 AM   #55
72 tigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudchevy View Post
Low 40's here. I was getting the same age vibe so I figured I would chime in .

I have no issue using self checkout. I find it to be way faster than using a cashier. I don't mind bagging my own groceries either, I've come to prefer it now. I don't have to worry about the high school student bagger putting my bread into a bag first and 3 cans of corn on top, crushing the loaf. I pack all my bags in a way to unpack them at home easier. Hell, half the time you still need to bag your own stuff even if there is a cashier there ringing you up.

Some things are definitely easier to buy with a cashier, like the example of lumber.

To each is their own.
I’m with you- they don’t bother me.
I enjoy interacting with the checkout people, but doing it myself is usually faster
Kirk
72 tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:44 PM   #56
weq92f

My Ace in the Hole for this has been my telling them I'm paying cash! Was in Taco Bell the other day...guy sees me standing at cashier counter and tells me please use the kiosk. I deliver my Ace and he says oh, you order at kiosk, I take cash here.

I walked out.

-Kevin
99 540 sport V8 6sp -- sold
73 240z L24 4sp -- given to friend
68 C10 step 350/350 3.73 open -- sold
weq92f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:49 PM   #57
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weq92f View Post

My Ace in the Hole for this has been my telling them I'm paying cash! Was in Taco Bell the other day...guy sees me standing at cashier counter and tells me please use the kiosk. I deliver my Ace and he says oh, you order at kiosk, I take cash here.

I walked out.

-Kevin
Ain't all that hard to take your order, since you're standing right in front of him. Reminds me a lot of the younger engineers when I started in aerospace. They couldn't be bothered to spend a lot of time with the work, they were too busy doing homework when working on their master's degrees...on company time...yer defense dollars hard at work.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:58 PM   #58
Greg58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Makeit View Post
Went to Wal-mart a few months back for oil, or windshield washer fluid, or 134A (can't remember) and was forced to use self-checkout. On the way out the girl at the door asked to see my receipt, I just held it up in the air, never broke stride and said rather loudly "If you're gonna trust me to check my self out then your gonna have to trust that I did it right"

She had a funny look on her face but never said a word.
I do the same thing, when they ask to see my receipt I say "no thank you" and keep walking.
I feel like when in the self checkout I am already on camera, plus they have people watching me as well. So I figure after they get my money the goods and the receipt are my property.
Greg
1987 Chevy Suburban 2500, Silverado, 2wd, 454, t-400
2023 Chevy Silverado LT 3500, crew cab, longbox, 4x4 Z-71 Duramax.
Greg58 is offline   Reply With Quote