The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old Yesterday, 10:01 PM   #1
IIGW

Re: 1963 Scout 80 resto-mod

This evening, I had about 2 hours to spare, so I grabbed the new lower control arms and hacked off the bump stops from them.

Pulled off the front suspension and stuck on the new lowers.

I found it they 'went' up higher than the dehumped stockers I had previously, but they still hit part of the frame.

The sun was getting pretty low and visibility was very low, so I pulled the suspension, jacked up the front of the frame and slid in an airbag for a picture.

The opening. cut out for the airbag is very rough at this point. I am just trying to get everything to fit and operate correctly before it all gets torn apart for the frame rack, final fabrication and welding.

My S22 phone still amazes me at the pictures it takes. This below pic was nearly pitch black out. I couldn't walk without my flashlight, but yet, the phone can take pics like its 5 pm in the afternoon.. crazy

Tomorrow morning ill finish cutting the frame section that is hitting the lower control arm and do a bit more clearancing for the air bag. The object here is to get the suspension going up and down, steering, engine/trans mounts made etc..

Then tear down for final fab work, powder coating etc..

-oh, and no I do not know if I am keeping that sway bar mount there or if I’ll cut it off and move it.
Attached Images

IIGW is offline   Reply With Quote