The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2024, 09:11 AM   #10
Accelo

Re: More EV News

I have owned an EV for one year now. My total cost for maintenance was $20 to have a flat repaired. I constantly drive it for four and one-half hours, one way (without stopping).
My cost for fuel/electricity, for the 4-hour trip, is $6 there and $2 home, some of the least expensive power in the US at my designation.
That works out to a nominal penny a mile for fuel.

As far as my maintenance costs, Next year I expect to have the cabin air filter changed.
It has never been to the shop for any maintenance.
I expect to buy tires between 30K and 40K. My insurance is about the same as the car it replaced.

And yes, Ford lost their asses but other companies are making money on them and the cost will continue to go down.

It is quieter and cheaper to run and faster than any car/truck I have ever owned. Should everyone have one? I think not.

Yes, It has no soul.
If you can charge at home and don't live in a place that gets below zero they work if you want to use one. I always have my truck if I need it or want to tow.
Cheers.
Accelo is offline   Reply With Quote