The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old Today, 04:38 AM   #1
popeyestruck

Re: Gas pedal assembly

The rod is about twice as thick inside the cab then a quick taper . It was catching on the taper so I had to extend it further into the engine bay To get passed the taper . When I did that it pushed the bell rank connection past the bell crank so I had to thread about 4 inches on the bell crank end . Since I had to get that 90 degree bend out tapping was really slow getting past the deformed metal. I'm real close to fitting it now . I think I'll get it today. All the parts were wrong . The rod from the carb to the bellcrank was so short it would only hook up at the 9 0 clock position that was the reason for the 90 degree bend. I got a longer rod off an automatic trans which was too long and had to thread that to make it fit. It was hooked up this way when I tore it down but I cant figure out how it worked other than it was an accident waiting to happen. I know why they did it because its impossible to find the correct rods for a 59 6cylinder with and auto choke. Every step you change one thing and it throws the geometry off and you have to fix something else but think I finally will get it today. I'll keep you posted
popeyestruck is offline   Reply With Quote