The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board > 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old Today, 10:09 AM   #1
bambbrose

Re: The Great Basin Blazer - 72 K5 CST Highlander

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadheadNM View Post
If you have an OE points distributor, these USA made reproduction plug wires may work nice: https://www.lectriclimited.com/produ...wire-set-1502/

There are threads on plug wire routing. Try a search if no luck I can dig for some examples.

Yes on the single screw.

Not sure about the sheet metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970cstblazer View Post
X2 on the Lectric Limited wire set. Specify your date code and they will fit and look right.

Thanks gents, ordered and on the way!
Also ordered a set of clean OEM valve covers and a can of VHT Chevy Orange. Will be restoring them and getting rid of the chrome units in there.

I have a pretty bad oil leak that appears to be dripping off of the cyl 7 spark plug area, down near the oil filter. From all I can tell its the valve covers, but it could be something else up in there. I'm starting with the covers and then if that doesn't fix it I'm taking suggestions on what else it could be

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1rippen6 View Post
https://www.ssnake-oyl.com/

Here is a company that will make you rear seat belts but it won't be cheap or fast. I have some left over parchment belts that can probably be restored, I'll check tonight.
Those just may be out of my price range! Thank you for the suggestion.
bambbrose is offline   Reply With Quote