The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old Today, 07:59 PM   #1
vikingsandpintos

67 C10 steel bedside install question

My daughter is going to start test fitting all the new panels together, everything for a steel bed is new. Floor, bedsides, ect.

Just holding one up to the floor, not sure how the rear fits together. It almost looks like a part of the bedside slides under a tab on the floor, or does everything on the bedside go on top of the floor itself?

This new floor has a slot going side to side in that area.... At least the drivers side does. The passenger side the gap is closed up, but I could open it up with a thin grinding wheel. Of course, that is the side we were looking at, after we quit for the night she noticed the slot on the other side.

This bed is going to be the death of me, smh. We didn't mess with it much tonight, just set the bedside up to see how it fit, it didn't seem to want to go together, and said enough for the day, lol. Or if anyone has any pics of the inside corner at back of bed would be great, too! The old bed is gone, of course, so can't look at it. Thanks!
vikingsandpintos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:51 PM   #2
hugger6933

Re: 67 C10 steel bedside install question

Best I recall the sides are on top of the floor. Set it up on there and start a few bolts in the front panel and the rear "box" support. Then put a few in the side it self and a few in the wheel well. I think I would put both sides on and fit the tailgate before going too far. The bed came with the bedside held by a weld tack in the back by the floor" the old one I mean". The reason for the gate install is to check the bed to make sure it is square so both gaps at the back are even up and down. Once the gaps look good to you start by tightening some bolts do a couple on each side and keep an eye on your gaps to make sure thy havent moved. I mostly have been putting on the newer style bedsides[ newer truck I mean] where they are all welded only bolts are a handful in the back box support. This may not be what you wanted if I misunderstood I'm sorry. Good luck happy sanding and I think your making not only a cool truck but memories with your girl . Priceless. My dad loved what I was doing in my shop so much he started hanging out and we ended up being each others shadow for 35 years before he died a couple years ago. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote