The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Today, 10:40 AM   #21
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Re: I am wanting opinions about buying a Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickysnickers View Post
Larry, I got your PM. I can probably help you. Before committing to changing out anything, do as the others have suggested and have the oil analyzed. I'd as change the oil in the engine, again if you already have done it, and cut the oil filter apart. Look through the pleats in the filter and see if it has any metal shards or flakes in it.
Thx Rick , When I had the lash set on my rockers / cam there was a few little pieces of shiny metal flakes around the rockers,, figured it could of been from an over haul the engine had ,so I changed the oil cut in to the filter and found very few metal flakes.. did not see any in the oil ..I have run some 3 thousand miles on it since buying it ,, the owner of the truck before me had the truck over hauled some 25 thousand miles ago .. ..I called the place in Portland Oregon and the owner of the place verified the over haul ,Yes ,,I am going to look for a place here that does the oil check ( you know of any to recomemd ?)and then go from there to checking the guage to the pump .. I guess in that order.