The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-20-2024, 05:53 PM   #1
Mazlures

1972 GMC Sierra Grande Oil Filler Tube

Good evening friends, I知 very new to this (posting on a forum) as well as to the forum itself so I hope I知 doing it right.

I have a 1972 GMC Sierra Grande that I知 working on and trying to restore as stock as possible. The previous owner had already made some changes that aren稚 original to the truck but I知 just going to keep to save money.

The truck was not in the best shape when I bought it so I知 basically piecing it together as best as I can. I知 35 years old and not a mechanic but know very little from working on trucks with my dad and everything I can learn from the internet, specifically forums like this one. So thank you for all the good advice and ideas you guys throw in here.

I was wondering if anyone had the oil filler neck and the special intake manifold bolt that goes with it that I could purchase. I saw a post about his back in 2012 and was hoping someone else would have some. I believe I have the correct valve covers but I wouldn稚 mind buying the whole package. My GMC has a 350 small block on a TH400 by the way.

Thank you very much in advance, blessings to you all!

~1972 GMC Sierra Grande Long Bed Fleetside~
~1977 GMC Sierra Short Bed Stepside~ sold
~1970 Chevy C10 Long Bed Stepside~ sold
~1966 Ford F100 Long Bed Fleetside~ sold
Mazlures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2024, 06:26 PM   #2
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

Re: 1972 GMC Sierra Grande Oil Filler Tube

Hello, we have the OE used 71-72 small block optional oil filler extension tube and OE used oil fill tube to intake manifold mounting combo stud/bolt available for purchase in the below linked parts board f/s thread. We also have the matching 71-72 GM NOS rubber oil filler caps and GM NOS fill tube to valve cover rubber grommets available in the same f/s thread if needed. Let us know, Mel

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=818966

Attached Images

Classic Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2024, 07:31 PM   #3
Mazlures

Thank you very much for getting back to me Mel. I would like to purchase the whole kit; the oil filler tube, intake manifold mounting stud, filler tube to valve cover grommet and the rubber oil filler cap. How do I go about ordering this from you?

Thank you!

Old 06-21-2024, 08:02 PM   #4
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazlures View Post
Thank you very much for getting back to me Mel. I would like to purchase the whole kit; the oil filler tube, intake manifold mounting stud, filler tube to valve cover grommet and the rubber oil filler cap. How do I go about ordering this from you?

Thank you!
The oil filler extension tube and related parts pricing and payment options are all listed in that above linked parts board f/s thread, click on the link in our above post and confirm what is needed along with your preferred method of payment and we will return the total and info for sending of funds. Thanks, Mel
Old 06-21-2024, 08:29 PM   #5
Mazlures

I would like to purchase one of each of the following please:

#1. OE used 71-72 small block optional oil filler extension tube and cap assy, several setups available. $85. ea ***Qty. 9 Sold/Shipped***

#2. If needed, add an OE used intake manifold mounting stud/bolt combo to the above oil filler ext tube setups. $20. ea.

#3. GM NOS 71-72 lower oil filler tube to valve cover grommets. $20. ea + $7. for CONUS shipment

Just to clarify, the (#1.) comes with the oil cap correct?

I would be paying through Venmo, thank you.

Old 06-21-2024, 09:02 PM   #6
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazlures View Post
I would like to purchase one of each of the following please:

#1. OE used 71-72 small block optional oil filler extension tube and cap assy, several setups available. $85. ea ***Qty. 9 Sold/Shipped***

#2. If needed, add an OE used intake manifold mounting stud/bolt combo to the above oil filler ext tube setups. $20. ea.

#3. GM NOS 71-72 lower oil filler tube to valve cover grommets. $20. ea + $7. for CONUS shipment

Just to clarify, the (#1.) comes with the oil cap correct?

I would be paying through Venmo, thank you.
Okay, this is not the area of the forum for completing transactions, click on the actual f/s thread link in our above reply (post #2) which takes you to the "1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board" area of the site and then post your request in that parts f/s thread where the items are listed/priced. Thanks, Mel