The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old Today, 09:02 AM   #1
Jesse Vandiver

New member 67 C10

Hey all I got this 67 c10 a couple months ago. This is my first one. In the past I’ve had a K10, a S10, and a Silverado. I’ve been going through and learning about it and sorting out (or getting sorted) a bunch of things. I don’t have any history on it. VIN says it’s a 67 from Flint with a 6 cylinder. The glove box door is long gone.
It’s got a ZZ6 with Holley EFI, a 700R4, and a 8.5” ten bolt with 3.73 posi.
So far I got the correct (Newport Engineering) switch for the windshield wipers and flipped the wiper linkage since it was backwards. Got a new transmission pan gasket (was leaking bad) and new flex plate put on (starter wasn’t shimmed correctly the ring gear was chewed up). Got the Flowmaster exhaust rerouted out the sides instead of under the bumper so I can get up and down my driveway. I fixed some binding linkage on the Lokar shifter and tightened a set screw in the linkage that was totally loose so I can put it in park now. Had to get it towed twice because of a faulty wire I found and fixed. I put some new audio in it and left the Custom auto sounds radio in the dash just to fill the holes.
Next I’m taking it in to find out why it’s leaking coolant and probably get all the old brake lines replaced. After that there’s some blemishes in the paint to get fixed and start thinking about a new bench seat.
Attached Images

Last edited by Jesse Vandiver; Today at 09:10 AM.
Jesse Vandiver is online now   Reply With Quote