The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old Today, 08:12 PM   #1
DarksideDave

Lost title and can't find VIN, 55 Cameo

Hi- been away a long time, here's the story. 14 years ago I bought a 1955 Cameo pickup project from a young guy in Citrus Grove, CA who was headed off for a Navy stint, would have been around early June, 2010. He was also getting married very soon, like in the following weeks. Sound familiar to anyone? No? Okay then my problem is this. I bought a vacation home near Redding CA about the same time and parked the truck there for the next 14 years. Skip ahead to present day, I cannot find the title or bill of sale anywhere. I went to start the process of obtaining a new title but need the VIN. No VIN tag on the door pillar, looked on the top of the frame rail by the steering box and can't see one, but I'm in a wheelchair and can't really see over the fender. I let the air out of the front tires but still can't see much. I'm not sure what I'm looking for. Is the frame VIN a stamping directly on the frame? Or a rivetted tag? Could it be on the side of the frame? I held my phone as close as I could and took pics but they don't tell much. There seems to be a few layers of black paint on the frame, if its stamped directly on it then maybe I could sand some off and see it, or use some paint stripper. The house is sold and I want to take my truck back to Canada, but no way it can cross the border with no title, any help would be hugely appreciated. Thanks!
DarksideDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:58 PM   #2
franken

Re: Lost title and can't find VIN, 55 Cameo

Whose name is the title in?
franken is offline   Reply With Quote