The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old Today, 12:21 AM   #1
Leinhit

Remounting truck bed problems.. 60 short bed step side

Probably just rookie problems and the fact that I had the bed off two years ago and I can't remember details.

I'm having trouble remembering and lining up the mounting holes for the bed to the truck frame...

1. Is there some kind of spacer or rubber block between the truck bed and the truck frame? If so what is it and where can I get them?

2. I'm including some photos. In my mind there is no way what I think is the truck bed mounting holes lining up with anything on the frame for a bolt to go through.

3. It seems to me that the truck bed needs to go farther towards the cab but it's pretty much hitting the cab as it is.

4. And one of the photos I show you at the very rear bed mounting hole under the tailgate and how far off it is from the support going across the back of the truck frame.

The next photo is showing you the second to the last towards the tailgate mounting hole for the truck bed mounting bolt. It doesn't line up with anything..

I'm including a couple of photos to show you how close the cab is to the bed and how the front of the bed seems higher than the tailgate end and how the rear wheel doesn't seem centered in the wheel well.

Anyone has photos or videos to share that would explain it to me I just can't wrap my head around it at midnight. Thank you all for your patience and easy explanations..
Attached Images

Leinhit is online now   Reply With Quote