The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-22-2024, 08:08 PM   #1
'68OrangeSunshine

'03 Tahoe -- 8-Button Door Switch

The 8-Button Door/Window/Mirror/Lock Switch on my 2003 Tahoe has many glitches.

Window Up/Down functions are iffy. The Drivers window often works OK, but the Passenger side front window is 50/50. Sometimes I have to lean over to move it Up or Down. Occasionally the rear passenger window will go down of its own accord when I start the truck. The rear drivers side just doesn't work.

The Mirror adjusters work OK to set up the Drivers side, but when I move the rocker switch over to do the passenger side, it goes nuts. I'm afraid to mess with it.

The automatic door locks all pop Open when the shifter is put in Park. I understand that's a default setting. PIA when I park Downtown and have to hand check each door for security. That's 5 locks with Barn Doors.

I don't have a remote Key Fob.

Rear doors won't relock from the Driver's button.

I have watched You Tube videos of guys removing door panels to access these switches. Some are clowns. Some know what they're doing. A few are good.
There are EBay maguffins to repair the plastic clips if a PO was an idiot and muscle#ucked the door panels off.
One guy took the 8-Button switch apart and cleaned the contacts with q-tips and alcohol, with positive results.

Otherwise the switch assemblies get spendy. I don't have Heated/Retracting mirrors so I can skip the $151 dollar switch and $200 core charge from RockAuto. I probably want Dorman p/n 901-075 at $112, no core, for the simpler 8-Button switch. A call to O'Reilly's for a price check on 901-075 didn't work, as they'd have to start a Special Order to get me a price.
I have not checked the local U-Pull-It yards yet.

Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292, whether it needs it or not.

Last edited by '68OrangeSunshine; 05-23-2024 at 06:54 PM.
'68OrangeSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote