The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2010, 12:48 AM   #1
will scratch

header ground clearance

I got a 79 2wd blazer just about ayear ago. Saw it and thought she could just be a cruiser. It has been lowered with drop spindles and a flip kit in the rear', thought it was the coolest thing I'd seen in a long time. I didn't even know what a flip kit was. When I bought the blazer it had headers that were beat to death from hanging down below the frame rails. . I took the headers off and installed exh. manifolds so I could enjoy driving the thing, what a snail.. must go faster with smokey burnouts lol. Turns out I'm thinking I would enjoy driving it much more with another couple hundred more horsepower and headers and stuff, I thought this might happen.
Am swaping the 305 for 355. I've searched around on the site some but have not come across any solutions for headers hanging down to low. Don't really want the shorty style headers.
I saved the headers that came off just to compare them to other headers guys had for sale, have not found anything on the market suitable. I do have some hooker comps for the thing but looks like they will be just as low. Thought about trying later model trucks or car types with low ground clearance, Who knows what I need? Thaks for any advice!!!!!
Will post pics asap. I'm a new user and really like this site so you may have to put up with me for a minute or two..Best wishes to all.
will scratch is offline   Reply With Quote