The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-17-2007, 04:58 PM   #1
fris_94

carb adjustment

i had my truck in the garage the other day and the guy that worked on her did some adjustment to it and im just wondering what he did. on the side of the carburetor is a screw that had never been adjusted before. the screw itself was capped with a plug and enclosed in the carburetor. he had to cut away the metal to get at the screw. the screw is on the left side around th bottom when looking at it from the front of the truck. the truck is a 1983 c10 L6 250. 2bbl carb
Old 04-17-2007, 05:57 PM   #2
FlatBrokeRacing

Re: carb adjustment

That sounds like a factory Q-jet card. G M did all (or most) of them that way. Basicly so you would have to come back to the dealership for service. If yours was just now removed, I would have to say GM did pretty good adjusting it from the factory. Think all your mechanic did was a simple adjustment. (don't it make all the difference in the world)
FlatBrokeRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:19 PM   #3
fris_94

Re: carb adjustment

seemed to be pretty good. my truck kept dying on me whenever i would hit the brakes but it was at random times. sometimes it wouldn't even idle and sometimes it would be pretty good, but still running rough. haven't driven it a lot since its been done but i can tell its running smooth again.