The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-11-2010, 11:20 AM   #1
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Tis The Season of Thanks

Last October

I want to thank you Classic HeartBeat for the service you gave me last October when I came to your bussiness and purchase parts from you for my truck.. I read where you had replacement knee surgery prior to me coming by but didn't know until I arrived at your place that you were in a lot of pain ,,never the less ..with pain killer medicines and limping around you still stayed me some 5 hours finding what I needed and ordering the rest . I also want to mention that your mother was very helpful as well ..thank you Thelma and Thank you Wes..

Last November

I also want to thank ChipFlyer who is so talented in making the Option Item lists for our Spids we have in our trucks ..I lost my spid due to the painters taking it off before painting and they through it away. Lucky for me I had written down what was on it ..I Now have the spid and it is Perfect with just what I wanted listed and in the right order which Chip Flyer is so very good at .. You cannot tell the difference between a replacement one from the original one .. Than you Jeff

Now ,,also I want to say,,

Thanks Josh, for building this great forum ,,with out you none of this is possible I have no idea how much goes into it ,,but it is a lot..
Thanks Liz , you put so many hours on this site taken care of it all ..what a gal..

And Last but not the least ,,Thanks to all ,,everyone of you on the forum who has helped me and befriended me with your caring and knowledge about my truck .. thank you a bunch guys and gals,,, gp Larry
GOPAPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:38 AM   #2
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Re: Tis The Season of Thanks

I did this daily on facebook for the month of November. Its really neat to have to think of something good that you are blessed with each day
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 03:21 PM   #3
GOPAPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
I did this daily on facebook for the month of November. Its really neat to have to think of something good that you are blessed with each day
Well,,, good for you Liz ,It's always nice to let the ones who help us know we appreciate them.. I thought on what I posted quite awhile this morning hoping when I wrote it that it didnt come across as me on a stump hollaring "look at me ' Look at me" sort of thing.. because thats not why at all..
So if anyone wants to let us all know how a vender or anyone on the forum has given you good service or help ,,feel free to say so right here as I wouldn't mind at all ..gp Larry
Old 12-13-2010, 12:26 PM   #4
Classic Heartbeat
Project Junkie! Fishing Poor!!

Your welcome, and thank you for your support. I have to admit that by the time you were taken care of I was past ready to elevate my knee and burn through about 100 pounds of ice for the swelling!! Did it show? Anyway I am happy that we were able to help you out and leave you feeling satisfied. I would do it again any time. If we don't hear from you again before Christmas, then have a Merry one.

I would also like to thank Josh & Liz for maintaing these great forums. They have always been good to me. WES
Call us Toll Free (888) 338-2502
Like Us on Facebook
No appointment necessary.
72 BB Chevy Custom Deluxe / Custom Camper
67 I-6 (Soon to be 5.7 LS1) Panel
68 BB Chevy Short Bed
72 6.0 LQ9 Short Bed Chevy 4X4
Olympia's fastest growing truck parts supplier.
Olympia's home for Wayward Chevys
Classic Heartbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:01 PM   #5
augie
Waiting for Paul to Open Safe

Our family during the Advent season have established a tradition where every night at dinner each of us has to come up what we are thankful for that day. One of us will write it on a strip of paper and the kids make a paper chain out of all of the thanks and they get hung on the wall next to the tree. Needless to say it's a great reminder and example of what's really important.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:58 PM   #6
special-K
Special Order

Larry,I want to thank you for the great beam of light you cast onto this site.You're a wise a...,I mean a wise man with a great perspective.We should all let a little rub off on us.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:14 PM   #7
chipflyer

It was a pleasure working with you on the new label Larry, I really enjoyed dealing with you. Thanks also to all the great vendors on this site and all of the awesome "regulars" who have posted and taught us so much through the years.

Jeff

1971 Cheyenne Super K10 - tilt, cruise, air, am/fm, tow hooks, factory buckets!
1986 Jeep J10 pickup, - 5.3L Vortec with 4L60e and NP241.
chipflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:54 AM   #8
GOPAPA

Thanks Wes ,,good to hear from you since your bad knee day.. when the wife goes gambling at the Lucky Eagle again I will be a calling ya for a pit stop to visit.. Probably will need a part or two also..

Thanks Jeff ,,It was a good transaction between us ,,,we togeather did good ..besides like I told ya ,my sons name is Jeff..LOL

Augie ,,what a great idea to teach the kids that even though things do not always go right and there will be some downs ,,by them writing down each day the good things ,,,it will lift ones spirits and make it all worth while.. I like this ..thanks for sharing..

Thanks Tim,, there are many,,, many,,, on this forum that would make good neighbors and great to hang out with ,,and work with and you my friend are one of them for sure. gp Larry
Old 12-14-2010, 06:01 PM   #9
LockDoc
The Older Generation

-
Many times I read posts like this on the board that bring a smile to my face. Many of us don't give enough credit to others that help lift us up when we are down and help us out when we hit a dead end. There are so many great guys and gals on this board that it would be impossible for me to thank them all individually. From the antagonistic to the compassionate, from the meek lurker to the prolific poster, I appreciate all of you for what you add to the overall experience here... I'm having a great time and look forward to another year of spending WAY too much time on here...

Thanks for starting this thread Larry.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-

Last edited by LockDoc; 12-14-2010 at 06:02 PM.
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:29 PM   #10
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Thumbs up Re: Tis The Season of Thanks

Leon, you just put my thoughts into words better than I ever could, right down to a thank you to GP Larry for starting this thread.

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote