The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Yesterday, 09:14 AM   #1
my67c20

Starter Replacement and Cooling System Adjustments

After several years of fighting the heat soak starter issue and years of research, I finally went the route of buying a 1998 Tahoe Starter (AC Delco 337-1022) from Rock Auto. Shout out to all those that have posted about what starter to use. I admit that I was a bit apprehensive, especially after I opened the box. It did require me to purchase longer bolts, but fortunately O'Reilly's had a few in stock. Overall it bolted right up, did not require any shimming and no friends had to be used to hold the thing in place.

Also while messing around, I figured it was time to adjust my electric fans on / off temperatures. Low an behold, I realized that the fan controller had leads that I could hook up to the Sniper. Took a bit to route the wires cleanly and figure out the secret location in the Sniper settings to set things up, but got it done.

With all them projects done, took it out for a test ride to get some serious heat under the hood. Made a few stops along the way and she fired right up each time. Man I love this forum.
my67c20 is offline   Reply With Quote