The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-09-2003, 01:24 AM   #1
Russell
Professional Grade

Something is squeaking...

Alright, I had a buddy over and I started my truck for him to hear it, but before I started it, I noticed a sort of squeak coming from the engine compartment, so I turned off all my fans and stuff, and stuck my head in the engine compartment, I found that there is something attached to my firewall just infront of the glove box, anyone know what that thing is?
Old 06-09-2003, 01:55 AM   #2
MSL

Are you refering to the heater box the blower motor sits out thereon the box towards the passenger side fender where the glove box would be opposite it.
MSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 04:41 AM   #3
navybear70
hometown heroes!

Quote:
I found that there is something attached to my firewall just infront of the glove box, anyone know what that thing is?
Could you be a little more specific? What's it look like? What year and model truck?

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less. -Robert E. Lee

"Never give up ground you've already taken." -Unknown
navybear70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 09:48 AM   #4
Russell
Professional Grade

its an 1980 GMC c2500, basically, if you blew a hole through the firewall in the glovebox it is right there, it has a couple wires coming out of it, and a round bulge coming out from one side, I would guess that it would be a heater fan or something, but I don't wanna take it apart if there is something under pressure or some other danger whereas I could get hurt and have no one find me until like midnight
Old 06-09-2003, 10:34 AM   #5
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

sounds like the heater/ac box there i wouldnt open the AC system but the only thing in there is the heater core and the blower motor is the only thing to squeak in there unless ya got a really loud mouse in there!

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 09:59 PM   #6
jimfulco

Turn the blower on higher speed & see if it squeaks differently. Mine will sometimes quit squeaking if I run it on high for a few seconds.
jimfulco is offline   Reply With Quote