The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-03-2016, 04:14 AM   #1
j.rigby15r

64, C10 Disc conversion, air back and much more

I am finally getting around to getting serious about upgrading my C10. I bought her about two years ago after returning from Afghanistan. So far I have put a in a sbc 350 that I rebuilt, gone through the transmission, put in a Mark VIII fan with a Ron Francis wiring control box. I originally cut one coil off the front spring and put a 5" drop spring in the back. It got it lower but not where I wanted it. After selling a Café Racer I built I finally decided to pull the trigger and upgrade the brakes, steering, suspension, exhaust and put in a 02 GMC seat ( I got both the front and back seats, plus the seat belts for $300) so I will play with them and see which one I like and do a write up on that under this thread.

I got all my brake and suspension stuff from Travis from Azproperfromance.com. He truly is great to deal with. I live in Alaska and he shipped everything up for $250. Which is amazing since a lot of places wont ship up here or if they do they want a mint to do it. One company wanted $600 to ship less. So Thanks again Travis, and if you need stuff he is the man.

So here is what I got.

2 1/5" drop spindles with discs
New master cylinder and break booster. (still rocking full drums and manual)
Airlift 2600 bags all the way around
Two Vair 444 compressors
5 Gallon aluminum air tank
Manual valves, FBLR
C notch, possibly upgrading to a step notch in order to get desired drop
Belltech drop shocks all the way around with rear shock relocators
Adjustable track bar
Plus all the hardware, brackets and fittings.

I will also be replacing all ball joints, control arm shafts and bushing, tie rod ends, idler arm and pitman arm. Plus new brake cylinders and rear brakes.

I will also be cupping or boxing my lca, haven't decided which as I haven't obtained the metal for either yet.

I will also be changing out my 18' glass packs with an Flowmaster Super 44 mufflers. As of right now my exhaust exits in front of the tires and I might change it to exit behind the tires and possibly put in an H pipe. We will see.

Lastly I will switch out my stock seat that is wrapped with a Mexican blanket to either a the front seat or back seat out of a 02 GMC. I am 6'3" and I have read some who say that they feel cramped when they use the front seat. So I will play around and see which I like better the front row (bucket seats) or the back seats. If I use the back seats I will be putting in seat belts, as I don't have any right now and the fronts are built in.

I will be doing all of this and maybe more depending on time and money. As of right now I have all the above mentioned parts. I am planning on having all this done by mid August when my son goes back to school and my wife needs her car back. My truck is my daily driver and right now with my son out of school I can use my wife's car on days I cant ride my motorcycle to work. I will also have to get it done by then because it will start to get cold shortly after that and I have seen it snow up here in September and I will need my truck.

I will do my best to post pictures and keep everyone up to date. I anyone has advice or comments please post. I am shooting from the hip on a lot of this so I am open to ideas.

Now on to the pictures.
Attached Images

j.rigby15r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 04:20 AM   #2
j.rigby15r

Re: 64, C10 Disc conversion, air back and much more

Here are some more pictures of my pallet full up parts. I powder coated my air bag brackets and track bar. Plus I have the front end disassembled and I am not tearing apart the control arms so I can have them cupped or boxed, rebuilt then I will powder coat them also.
Attached Images

j.rigby15r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 06:42 AM   #3
clemdaddy

thats a nice truck you've got and a doable time frame for the upgrades… better get busy.
welcome to the old truck forum.
clemdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 09:31 PM   #4
Blue666(2)

Thanks for your service & welcome back.

Looks like you have good plan for your truck. We'll enjoy watching.
Blue666(2) is offline   Reply With Quote