The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 11:29 AM   #1
RRed67

Cryogenic Processing

Cryogenic serves the automotive industry among other industries that work with metals..Our state-of -the-art thermal processing equipment and proprietary processes allows us to provide SIGNIFICANT increases in strength,wear life,and dimensional stability while decreasing brittleness,chipping,flaking and other common causes of matieral failure...
The process is done in a high dollar machine using liquid nitrogen ,and in the process, the liquid is converted into a vapor allowing us to get the tank at a -320 degrees,by doing this process it gives metal a more uniform hardness and greater dimensional stability, due to the conversion of austenite (large unstable particles of carbon carbide, resulting in a large grained lattice structure) to martensite (fine grained lattice structure).
Alot of big time drag racers get their crank ,cam,rods,pistons,flywheels,rearends you name it if can break they get it cryo'ed.......feel free to ask ????????'s
Old 05-28-2004, 04:22 PM   #2
Shane
Account Suspended

I have tried it on more than one occasion with NO positive results on race engine/clutch parts as well as industrial metal cutting tooling.
Old 05-28-2004, 05:59 PM   #3
pierce

Does pure metal have carbon? And doesn't carbon in steel vary? Low carbon steel vs. high carbon steel. Carbon is basically the crap in steel...more carbon...less quality will this stuff work for rebar?
Old 05-28-2004, 08:21 PM   #4
darcane

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce
Does pure metal have carbon? And doesn't carbon in steel vary? Low carbon steel vs. high carbon steel. Carbon is basically the crap in steel...more carbon...less quality will this stuff work for rebar?
Pure Iron does not have carbon. Steel does have it. Carbon (and/or other materials) is what makes steel stronger than pure iron.

Cryogenic processing should make steel a little more resistant to wear and a little stronger, though I don't know if average Joe would be able to tell the difference.
Old 05-28-2004, 08:46 PM   #5
dwaite72lnghrn

I know pace pumps have been using cryogenic tempering on their pumps for awhile and the engineer there said it helps prevent wear on the pump vains and housings. They test pumps in a water sand mix and compare treated and untreated after days months and years and it can increase the life conciderable.
71 GMC k20 350/sm465
2009 Chevy hd3500 6.6 Victory Red crew cab dually
Dave & Jeanne
Old 05-29-2004, 05:23 PM   #6
RRed67

Ttt-ttt-ttt
Old 05-31-2004, 12:10 PM   #7
RRed67

Ttttttttttttt
Old 05-31-2004, 05:24 PM   #8
my new 72
faster, faster, faster

Are you a vendor or do you own the shop that does this and trying to solicite business? If so you should go back and read the forum rules and check out #7

7) No Spamming or Advertising on ANY 67-72Chevytrucks.com board, regards
to any product(s) your pushing, unless you’re a paid advertiser, or have
had the administrators approval! This guideline is for all Companies and
Individuals, using our site to advertise their site of choice or trying to make
money off the members!

I don't see contributor under your name and just wanted to make sure you didn't get booted for something you were not aware of.
Old 05-31-2004, 07:24 PM   #9
crazy longhorn
Fabricate till you "puke"

LOL! Frozen PARTS ARE "SAID" TO WORK BETTER...but for the average "run of the mill build".....does it really work?several yrs back, I was running a BB Olds in my longhorn. when the Edelbrock heads came out, Mondello was offering "frozen heads" , with mucho port & polish for big dollars! I got a price shot at me for 5 -6 thou.....for a set of worked over "loaded " heads that Edelbrock claimed would hit the market for around $1300 in stock form! did freeezing those heads make them worth all those bucks? i have done a little port n polish on Olds heads, & cant believe that it was worth that much! Just a crazy old mans' point of veiw crazyL
69 longhorn,4" chop,3/5 drop, 1/2 ton suspension/disc brakes,1 1/2" body drop,steel tilt clip, 5.3/Edelbrock rpm intake/600 carb, Hooker streetrod shorties,2 1/2" exhaust/ H pipe/50's Flows , 6 spd Richmond trans,12 bolt/ 3.40 gears....
Closed Thread