The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-06-2004, 07:14 PM   #1
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

What did you get done?

It's that time again. It's Sunday evening and time for our weekly edition of "What did you get done". I had to work this weekend so I didn't get much done to my trucks besides wash a couple of them. I did score a few parts though I made some minor purchases on Ebay for some upcoming mods. I also made a huge score on exterior items. I got most of my trim pieces. For details check out this thread-
I found gold in my driveway....

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 07:29 PM   #2
Prerunner1982

thought you were slacking tonight, i almost (EDIT: damn i need to learn to either slow down my typing or learn to spell) just started this thread...

lets see... saturday i installed my 4 core rad.. changed the oil, changed the fuel filter and wired up a new blinker bulb housing on the truck. then i installed the brake booster and master cylinder on the tbird. got a late start (11am) but finished up about 2pm..
Attached Images

Oklahoma Roll Call

Last edited by Prerunner1982; 06-06-2004 at 09:36 PM.
Prerunner1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 09:25 PM   #3
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prerunner1982
thought you were slacking tonight, i always just started this thread.....
Naaa, I was just laying around the pool trying to make use of the bright sun. It finally went down and the breeze picked up so I got busy again.

I thought it was to nice just to sit around, so I wanted to take a bike ride. Since my Cruiser Deluxe has flat, I figured I may as well put my Roadster back together. After a few minutes of assembly and some detail work me and the dog were off throught the hood. Ahhhh, life is good...
Attached Images

N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 07:42 PM   #4
ocbaud
Garage Queen Material

late start?? i started today after i woke up at 1:00pm ! haha, i shouldnt stay out so late anymore!
ocbaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 08:08 PM   #5
Prerunner1982

yeah, and you are still working on yours... LMAO
Old 06-06-2004, 08:54 PM   #6
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Washed and waxed the 96, Used the 82 to haul dirt and stuff for the shop...Tried to get the 70 to start, but I think the coil went out. Got to dang hot to work on it by that time. Today was Very Very wet. Man I need this shop finished.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 09:08 PM   #7
1FaastC10
Account Suspended

Bill, im gettin a lil tired of hearing how hard you work that 82. the 81-82 trucks are beautiful specimens of this bodstyle, how can you abuse yours so much?

Saturday i went and continued dismantling my 81 K30, to my surprise, the whole 4 hours i was working on it, Mother Nature never tried to stick her nose in my business. just a beautiful sunny day. went to the races last night, was watching the Street Stock C feature, and heard a familiar name over the intercom announced as one of the drivers. it was a friend from my freshman year in HS. about halfway through the feature, one of the other drivers decided to get unnecesarily rough with him. he spun him out, then hammered him in the drivers door, then proceded to push him all the way through turns 1 and 2. i promptly made my way to the pits, unsure of how many friends he had with him. i'd hate to see someone i once considered a friend severly outnumbered (read: i wanted in on the fight ) nothing came of it. then in the figure 8 feature, i watched another friend get spun around in much of the same manner. this is common for this class, since the name of the game seems to be beat and bang as hard as you can. when his car got sideways, the other car attempted to go around, while still moving forward at speed. the other car got under him, and rolled his car in the crossover. thankfully nobody was hurt.

today i went over and helped my cousin try and get 1 of his 2 cars running. his Dodge 600 was having brake problems, we got that taken care of, but the battery is trash. then his 88 Beretta isnt getting spark to the 3-6 coil, so im guessing a bad module.
1FaastC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 09:39 PM   #8
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FaastC10
Bill, im gettin a lil tired of hearing how hard you work that 82. the 81-82 trucks are beautiful specimens of this bodstyle, how can you abuse yours so much?
Jeremy.....That's what trucks are for!

Don't worry soon as my daughter takes full possession of "her" truck, I'll be back to using the 96 for all the dirty work.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 10:08 PM   #9
bigblock73
yeller

All I did truck related was I dyed all my headliner trim pieces for Yeller.

I also worked my second job, saw Shrek 2, updated 73-87.com, and went to a Wedding reception for a friend of mine.

In other words...nothing too exciting.

Last edited by bigblock73; 06-06-2004 at 11:42 PM.
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 09:34 PM   #10
Prerunner1982

damn that is a cruiser.... there was a 72 shortbed, lowered that pulled up next to me a autozone last night.. had a low rider bike in the back... not my kinda thing.. but your is pretty cool.... your bike definately follows your taste in trucks as well... much as mine does.. (trek 7000, with the largest knobby tires i could put on it..)
Old 06-06-2004, 10:15 PM   #11
Prerunner1982

"look at all my mutant babies." that wasnt a bad movie, not as funny as the first, but not bad....
Old 06-06-2004, 10:30 PM   #12
gldevall

Put in the billet grill. Changed a header collector gasket.
Attached Images

-2004 Z-71 Extended cab with a flowmaster, BDS 6.5", 3" BL, 35x12.5x18 Trail Grapplers on Pro-Comp 18x9 wheels
gldevall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 10:37 PM   #13
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

I had a friend come up from Houston to check out the Power Tour, and the GM assembly plant here in Arlington was celebrating their 50th anniversary, so we went and watched new Tahoes, Yukons, and Escalades being built. We showed up in time to watch everyone leaving the registration for the power tour, so that seemed to be a good time to go eat.

Today, I spent the day painting on my house. Got a good bit done, but found a large ant mound quite by mistake. My right leg is all swelled up from the little suckers. A little gas and some fire later, problem solved.
Old 06-06-2004, 10:58 PM   #14
76sierraclassic

Well, I got my 76 back from the paint shop on Friday and spent all weekend driving it where ever I could think of. Three weeks doesn't seem like a long time until you don't have your "real" truck for that long. I guess I'm more addicted than I thought. I really missed it while it was gone.

I took it by my aunt's house to let her see it, and she said she could almost see my Uncle C sitting in the driver's seat. It was his truck and she finally decided to sell it to me last November...15 years (give or take) after he passed away. It was very cool when she said that she thought Uncle C would be proud!!

Anyway, glad to have it back. It's not the best paint job in the world, but it's tons better than it was. I think it looks pretty good now. Maybe if I ever build a shop and have the time and energy left, I'll do a full resto on it.

Here's a few pics of the new paint.

Mike W.

Attached Images

76sierraclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 01:38 AM   #15
1FaastC10
Account Suspended

Mike, that is one sharp truck.

do you plan on doing any mods to it? or just leaving it stock? i've got one in mind that if i can get my hands on, it will go back to close to stock condition, possibly a few minor changes, just to make it more drivable. its my grandpa's '77 K20 plow truck. if my grandma ever decides that its time to retire the old girl, im going to speak up. the interior is a nasty greenish blue 70s tuck and roll job, and the paint is a "custom mixed" (junk paint that my dad got from work, mixed it all together and came up with a perfect color) medium blue with LOTS of metallic. only real mods i have in mind for it are to ditch the TH350/203, and replace it with a 700R4 and a 208/241. other than that it'll be all stock. actually thinking of taking the good blue interior out of my 86, since i'll be trashing it anyways, and saving it for just such a project.
Old 06-07-2004, 09:24 AM   #16
76sierraclassic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FaastC10
Mike, that is one sharp truck.

do you plan on doing any mods to it? or just leaving it stock? i've got one in mind that if i can get my hands on, it will go back to close to stock condition, possibly a few minor changes, just to make it more drivable. its my grandpa's '77 K20 plow truck. if my grandma ever decides that its time to retire the old girl, im going to speak up. the interior is a nasty greenish blue 70s tuck and roll job, and the paint is a "custom mixed" (junk paint that my dad got from work, mixed it all together and came up with a perfect color) medium blue with LOTS of metallic. only real mods i have in mind for it are to ditch the TH350/203, and replace it with a 700R4 and a 208/241. other than that it'll be all stock. actually thinking of taking the good blue interior out of my 86, since i'll be trashing it anyways, and saving it for just such a project.
I plan on leaving it basically stock. So far the only changes I have made are the wheels/tires. It originally had the old 6.5" steel wheels with hubcaps, and I found those 15x8's that are on it now. Depending on finances, I need to get the interior redone. I've already replaced the old busted up dash pad with a NOS I found on eBay, but the color is a little off. I plan to get new seats, carpet, headliner, etc, and have everything dyed to match at some point. Then next year, I hope to drop a new 350 in it. The one that's in it now has 139,000 miles on it and has a bit of a oil leak and one lifter clicking. It still runs pretty strong, but it could definitely use a new engine. I haven't decided yet if I want to change the tranny or not.

Mike W.
76sierraclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 10:02 AM   #17
73_K5_girlie

I finally got inside my truck! Nothing major, just changed the oil and gave her a tune up... I'm too dern little to reach the plugs so I was actually inside the truck for about 2 hours. No big deal to me, but I live in an apartment, so you can imagine the looks I got! Some little chic sitting inside the truck all greasy!, I wish I had a picture! I guess I'll have plenty more photo ops, as I have a lot of work to do! I did get a chance to get a good look in there and I can happily report that there are not any real major issues mechanically. I guess I did good to get the truck from a mechanic, lots of new parts on it. Oh yeah, I also fixed the gauge needle on the column that shows what gear your in, ya know. I made a new wire for it. Other than that I did a whole bunch of nothing this weekend... just drove around topless all weekend, it was great! Now there's the issue of my saggy rear end to take care of! lol

73 K5 Blazer
00 Alero
95 Firebird
92 Astro

Last edited by 73_K5_girlie; 06-07-2004 at 10:33 AM.
73_K5_girlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 05:11 PM   #18
1FaastC10
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73_K5_girlie
Some little chic sitting inside the truck all greasy!, I wish I had a picture!
Mindy, you think its something seeing someone small under the hood? i'm 6'1" and 220#, and i climb right in, no problem.

so how about some pics of you driving around topless? if you have to send them to my private email due to TOS issues, i can get it to ya.
Old 06-07-2004, 10:04 AM   #19
Grim Reaper

Nothing on the trucks.
Still working on the Bathroom remodel. Wasn't very productive on that either. Between wrong parts and other hangs up not much got done at all.

Spent a lot of time mulling what to do with my 75 Jimmy. It is not needed but still having a hard time with parting with it and more precisely Parting it.
Grim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 01:54 AM   #20
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

finally removed all the puppies from under the GMC and got em in the pen... mowed the lawn under / around the blazer.. other then that sos... I finally did something truck related again
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 03:16 AM   #21
BaggedC10
Under construction!

Organized my garage which is full of truck pieces and made room for my dad's car. Worked out at the gym for 2-hours on Saturday and Sunday. Otherwise, I relaxed.
Old 06-07-2004, 03:45 AM   #22
hk_n_kevlar

Ok, I will sound like the king of all rednecks for this...I chased two sheep for two hours in the middle of the damn desert with my 76' Blazer. During this pursuit, my battery hold down bolt broke, and the battery went highly mobile and knocked my radiator return off. I spent the next few hours walking back to town so I could get a torch to solder my radiator inlet back together. All in all it was a fairly normal weekend for me, and the deep pit slow BBQ of the lamb made it worth while. Oh yeah, there was beer involved after.
hk_n_kevlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 07:12 AM   #23
TwinTurbo

I fixed the problem with my el. window not doing anything, it just stopped all of a sudden. I didn't want to pull all the guts from the door so I cut an access hole in the door, repaired the connector (that's what was giving the problems) and tacked it back in. Kind of a bubba fix but no one will see it with the lower door panel on. After that I continued to work on my other project that is giving me some headaches LOL Customizing means nothing ever fits like it should...reworking and checking every damn thing really wats up your time so I didn't get hardly anything done.
TwinTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 07:36 AM   #24
bagged81
Signals in the bumper.

1) Got the garage ready to pour.
2) Finally got my truck back on the road after upgrading to a 4-way setup. I feels nice.
3) Helped a friend pull and Integra motor and tranny
4) Bought some final supplies for a motorcycle trip this week.
1936 Ford Pickup - Frame-off in progress link
1979 Chevrolet Camper Special Flatbed link
bagged81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 09:16 AM   #25
80BIG10
3 lefts make a right

Here in Austin we had the Republic of Texas Biker Rally. I think they said there were 30,000 hogs and other assortied bikes in town. They even had Hank Williams Jr. play for them Saturday night. I got out and checked some of the bikes out.
80BIG10 is offline   Reply With Quote