The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-02-2004, 06:12 PM   #1
chevyboy55

LMC rumors

I have read that a few people say they have had trouble with with LMC. Being sent the wrong parts seems to be the biggest. I was going to order some moldings but want to poll a few guys before I do. Thanks, Mike
chevyboy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 06:15 PM   #2
cableguy0

go with someone else there a whole slew of board vendors on here with better prices and service. lmc is almost twice as much on some things and there parts quality sucks for the most part
Owner of North Point Car Care in Dundalk Md. We specialize in custom exhaust on both modern and classic vehicles. We are a full service auto shop from classics to modern vehicles. Feel free to contact me with questions. I will give a 10% discount to any board member.
cableguy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 06:31 PM   #3
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

Those big, nice catalogs they send you every few months cost some big bucks.

You pay for those catalogs on every part you order from them.

Plus, they never support this board financially. Support the guys who care about this place. Use board vendors.
Old 11-02-2004, 06:29 PM   #4
kingsolver72
10/30/19

I have bought a few items from LMC.I have had good luck with them.I live close to them so it is convenient for me.The items I purchased were basically priced the same as everyone else.I don't have a lot of experience with LMC.I would buy from them again but,I wouldn't hesitate to buy from one of the vendors on this board.
kingsolver72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 06:49 PM   #5
chickenwing
Lovin' Life in Miss.!

Christians Classics has great prices on complete moulding sets. Call him though, mine were back ordered for a week or two. He will talk to you straight when to expect something in. His come with the clips also. Eyeball the clips. they do not fit the factory 3/8" holes at all. My body guy screwed up and drilled all the holes before checking fit.
Rich
Old 11-02-2004, 07:18 PM   #6
70jimmy

I have bought a lot of parts from LMC without any problems. I place my order over the phone with my debit card and I always have my parts within 3-4 days.
1972 CST Blazer 350/350/205 tach, ac, warn 5687 winch, light yellow with saddle interior
1972 CST Jimmy 350/4speed/205 dark olive with olive interior
70jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 07:50 PM   #7
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenwing
Christians Classics has great prices on complete moulding sets. Call him though, mine were back ordered for a week or two. He will talk to you straight when to expect something in. His come with the clips also. Eyeball the clips. they do not fit the factory 3/8" holes at all. My body guy screwed up and drilled all the holes before checking fit.
Rich
I PERSONALLY US TIM FOR EVERYTHING, (CHRISTIAN'S CLASSICS) THERE IS
A LIST OF ALL THE BOARD VENDORS ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THIS PAGE.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/
Tow Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 08:19 PM   #8
junkyardjohn

MY MOM TAUGHT ME ALONG TIME AGO IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING NICE ... DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL.....

THEY SURE HAVE NICE CATALOGS JOHN
LIFE MEMBER OF P.E.T.A (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS)

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH
IT WILL AMAZE PART OF THE PEOPLE & ASTONISH THE REST
junkyardjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 07:47 PM   #9
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

They have messed up all but one of my orders.
They have sent me the wrong parts.
They have sent me empty boxes.
They have sent me extra stuff.
They have forgotten 1/ an order, and told me I was crazy and was tryin to get free stuff.
And NOTHING bought from them fit with the exception of my hat.

Most of this was done before I knew about the good board vendors. I have only dealt with Ricks pickup parts, and Wes @ classic heartbeat. I give them both a thumbs up.

Esp wess...I was stationed in korea, and saw on another board that he had a longhorn bed for sale. I asked about the trim on it, and he gave me a killer deal (something like 15 bucks). I told him i would be back in the states in a week or so and could send him payment once I got home.
When i got there, there was a package for me in the living room...and the trim was nicer than he led me to believe. (it was stil rough...but salvagable)

I recently needed U-bolts for the rear of my 69 GMC. no one locally listed them, and I didn't even think of just going to a spring shop. (there are at least 2 or 3 here in town) I paid something like 50 bucks, they did come in in a couple days, and they did get the order right...bummer I had to use a port a power to open them up enough to fit.

LMC sucks if you ask me.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 08:49 PM   #10
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

I try to use board member's as much as possible..... Gotta agree with JYJ on the catalog's very good reference manual ....

MEMBER #6377

72 k-5 daily driver 6'' lift 35'' 350-350-205 slowly getting rust free.

Project "7DEUCE"

check out my build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=267665

Tim Powell..R.I.P EastSideLowlife..... R.I.P..
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 08:54 PM   #11
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

Where in Washington are you? ClassicHeartBeat and Frank's PICKMUP's are both in Olympia. Both are great to deal with and know these trucks inside and out.

Also (not a board member) PickupsNW is in Everett (also called Dreamer's Street Rods). Their prices aren't the best but if your close you can save on shipping.
Wife's Ride2014 Fiat 500L
bouncytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 09:30 PM   #12
chickenwing
Lovin' Life in Miss.!

In responce to a pm:
Mouldings Tim sold me were packaged extremely well. Mouldings fit very well. Moulding final appearance will be determined in large part by skill of person installing them. Example, upper bedside moulding forward clip had to be trimmed to allow moulding to go far enough back to fit. Mine look dam good.
There was a little black overspray on the upper bedside mouldings. I make note of this only for the nitpickers and had no problems rubbing it off.
I used..pardon, body guy attempted to use the push in metal clips that came with. He screwed up and drilled factory 3/8" holes and the push in clips were too small. If he had test fit the clips to determine proper hole size, 90 percent of push in clips could have been used. The clips appeared to be of good quality otherwise. I found some plastic pushin style moulding clips that I am currently happy with.

One more item in praise of Tim, His wife shipped my freight by (I think) FedEx. When he saw the freight charges he felt so bad he rated the freight on another carrier and sent me the differance!

Hope this helps.
Rich
Old 11-02-2004, 10:33 PM   #13
red71cheyenne
Back in the sticks

I have bought a lot of parts from LMC and never had a problem with anything they sold or its arrival at my house. Since moving to the west coast though, I have dealt with Ricks and Wes almost exclusively. LMC does have nice catalogs though.
2011 K1500 Suburban
2014 K1500 Pickup
2008 Nissan Altima? The wifes' hoopty
red71cheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 10:38 PM   #14
Mudder

Ten years ago LMC and Chevy Duty where the only companies I knew of that sold parts for these trucks. I have spent thousand of dollars with both companies with no problems.
Mudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 11:01 PM   #15
incoma

I've bought 60% of my stuff from LMC. I've also ordered from GMC Paul, Year One, Classic Industries, Chevy Duty and Christian's Classics at a car show.

As far as the price - I put together a spreadsheet with all of the vendors lined up with prices, and LMC was the cheapest for the majority of the items, so I bought those from them. They did miss an item in a shipment but quickly sent a replacement. As a matter of fact, they processed a return in about 4 days for me too. They even shipped a tailgate to me for free b/c I had an order greater than $500.

Year One absolutely sucked. Poor selection of parts, abnoxious customer service folks, but they did give me a credit for some parts that I had painted.

Classic Industries sold me some brake lines that didn't fit, and they called me back to see what was exactly wrong with them after I returned them. They even sent me a discount for helping them fix the problem. Their catalog is awesome. They have a great selection, and if you have a discount with them can get their stuff at a reasonable cost.

GMC Paul has some killer specials. I'll buy from him again. I find his website difficult to navigate. I don't like having to go back through and re-scroll down the list of stuff to find what I need.

Tim Christian was a good guy to talk to at the show. He had some great show prices. Finding his tent at the show made the trip worth while.

Chevy Duty was the only place that I found that sold my style outside rear mirror support brackets (for the inside of the door). They were ok, but don't have a huge selection of parts in their catalog.
incoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 11:09 PM   #16
tphsmith
still buypickupparts

Lmc

I have bought alot of parts from LMC, never a problem and faster then chevy duty always by 6 to 7 days. then I found this board. I need to see what the guys who suport the board have now because I need more and more,more parts. LOL. my 2 cents

72 SWB Fleetside freshly painted. putting a 94 LT1 with
700R4 tranny lowered 4 in the front 6 in the back

81 chevy half ton 350

89 Silverado 4x4 going ta church truck
tphsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 12:43 AM   #17
ZOOMY

Lmc

I've had NO problems with LMC, but their prices are a little higher. Lately, I try to order from board members.
ZOOMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 04:37 AM   #18
green68c10
Ditto Head

sounds like all these parts providers have their pros and cons.also sounds like some people have had bad experiences with certain providers,and dont want other folks to by from them,.sounds like nazi ideas to exclude lmc
green68c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 07:46 AM   #19
Dean

Send me a hitch that doesn't even fit our trucks. It is still in the catalog by the way. There are no technical people at LMC. Just ladies answering the phone that gave me the old "it says it fits in the catalog". Never again.
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 08:47 AM   #20
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

Quote:
Originally Posted by green68c10
....also sounds like some people have had bad experiences with certain providers,and dont want other folks to by from them,.sounds like nazi ideas to exclude lmc
Nope, not at all.

I've ordered from LMC years ago. They sell either GM parts (which I now buy from my local dealership), or reproduction parts. The same reproduction parts are sold by our board vendors.

The board vendors are regular guys like you and me. Mom and Pop type of deal. They sell the same parts LMC does, but with a twist. They give Josh money to keep this board running. I use this board all the time. I've made good money buying and selling used parts off this board. So, I'm loyal and support the dealers who support this place and allow it to keep running. LMC does not support this place.

Besides, if it's the same exact part, in the same exact box, I'll buy from the little guy before the big boys. I'll deal with a guy who will give me personal service. You may not know, but LMC is a giant place. They sell mostly import car parts. Trucks secondary. You will not get the same level of service from LMC.

Kindest regards,
Kevin
Old 11-03-2004, 06:06 PM   #21
Pilgrim

I bought parts from LMC when they were one of the few available. I use moard members and resort to LMC when that fails. Their catalogs are really good for reference.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:06 PM   #22
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

The biggest problem I have had with LMC is they are hit or miss on quality. I have bought a few of their reproduction items and the quality was good. Then I have bought other items and it was pure junk.

If they offer an item that's still available from GM you are better off getting it from your local GM dealer.

I have never had the opportunity to use any of the vendors that support this forum, but I have heard nothing but good about all of them. In the future they will get all my business....

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote