The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-09-2009, 11:16 PM   #1
KrazyKevin
What have I gotten into

Good deal? Or bad bumpers?

Found a guy with some left over parts from a build he gave up on. I got to get more details, but roughly this is what he is offering. Front and rear bumper, with bolts, I don't believe with brackets. All the rubber seals for the truck, door handles for the outside of the truck, window crank handles for the inside. Two wheel cylinders, 4 drums (which i only could use two), and maybe a few odd and ends. I think its a pretty good deal. Mainly for the bumpers. If I'm not mistaken he may have said he got them off ebay. But either way, these bumpers are brand new. Is there anything other than a brand name that I could ask him about the bumpers? They seemed pretty sturdy, but I'd have to pick em up again. Seems like bumpers are going for about 150 apiece. THey alone would make it worth while.

Are there any "bad" bumpers out there to watch out for?
Old 12-10-2009, 01:16 AM   #2
truckster

Re: Good deal? Or bad bumpers?

I bought an aftermarket bumper (made in Taiwan) a couple of years ago. The mounting holes for the bolts weren't quite right and the turn signals didn't line up right (mine is a 72).

A couple of years later now, I'm finding small rust spots. When I can fine a good OEM bumper, I'm going to have it rechromed and replace this one.
truckster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:52 PM   #3
mclairmo

Re: Good deal? Or bad bumpers?

I have some cheap repros and they are so thin that when you bolt them up the brackets actually bend the bumper and make square like indentations in the bumpers that are visible from the outside. Hard to explain but check for thickness and weight.
mclairmo is offline   Reply With Quote