The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-29-2012, 06:54 PM   #1
Mangled03gmc

Question Whats up all, NEWB here with a 83 c30 ???

Hey guys whats up? My name is John, I have been on a few performance truck sites for some time now, pretty versed in most of the late model stuff, but some of the earlier stuff I am not up to date on. Any how my Dad just picked up a reg cab C30 2wd dually, BBC, 400 turbo. Was curious from what year to year rear bumpers fit this truck? 80-87??? We were thinking about putting a new style dodge ram rear bumper on it with the exhaust revisions in it. Have a 6-8 lowering kit lined up, some nice alcoa's.. Any help is appreciated
Mangled03gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:21 PM   #2
chevybuilder18

Re: Whats up all, NEWB here with a 83 c30 ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc View Post
Hey guys whats up? My name is John, I have been on a few performance truck sites for some time now, pretty versed in most of the late model stuff, but some of the earlier stuff I am not up to date on. Any how my Dad just picked up a reg cab C30 2wd dually, BBC, 400 turbo. Was curious from what year to year rear bumpers fit this truck? 80-87??? We were thinking about putting a new style dodge ram rear bumper on it with the exhaust revisions in it. Have a 6-8 lowering kit lined up, some nice alcoa's.. Any help is appreciated
Welcome to the site John, there is alot of different bumpers for this application. if you havent seen an older chevys 88-98 dually diesel pick up bumpers would sit right in i believe. if you have the dodge bumper what kinda ram did it come off of? i have a bumper that would fit right on that sucker on the back of my chevy stepside C10, beleive its a original bumper for a c30
Attached Images

chevybuilder18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:34 PM   #3
Mangled03gmc

Hey thanks, thanks for posting back. That bumper you posted up I do not think will work. As that is a step side truck it is off of. This truck has a full width bed, same as a fleet side bed just with the dually fenders on it. I am looking for a stock style bumper. The one that is on there now is a heavy duty painted steel one, it has to go. I am waiting to get some measurements back from some guys on the width of the dodge bumper. It would be from a 2010 up with the revisions in it. Thanks
Old 11-29-2012, 08:17 PM   #4
chevybuilder18

Quote:
Hey thanks, thanks for posting back. That bumper you posted up I do not think will work. As that is a step side truck it is off of. This truck has a full width bed, same as a fleet side bed just with the dually fenders on it. I am looking for a stock style bumper. The one that is on there now is a heavy duty painted steel one, it has to go. I am waiting to get some measurements back from some guys on the width of the dodge bumper. It would be from a 2010 up with the revisions in it. Thanks
the frame of my truck is the short bed style, original frame had a fire. so they threw the bed and the cab on this frame. i have never seen a factory stepside with this kinda bumper box shaped bumper, the guy said it came off an international truck.

also the newer dodge bumpers i have no experince with, but the late 80 to late 90s were all aluminum with steel supports behind them. good thing you got all steel
Old 11-29-2012, 08:53 PM   #5
Mangled03gmc

Ahh, so your saying that is a fleet side bumper.. I am looking for stock chrome. This truck is going to get lowered, either back to the orig style paint or more then likely in a dark grey epoxy primer. The bumper that is on this truck is prob going to the scrap yard, LOL It is some farm style work bumper.

John
Old 11-29-2012, 09:33 PM   #6
chevybuilder18

Quote:
Ahh, so your saying that is a fleet side bumper.. I am looking for stock chrome. This truck is going to get lowered, either back to the orig style paint or more then likely in a dark grey epoxy primer. The bumper that is on this truck is prob going to the scrap yard, LOL It is some farm style work bumper.

John
Dont blame you. my bumper on my truck isnt looking so sharp. looks like a work horse bumper. im swapping rear roll pan in, for muscle truck look
Old 11-29-2012, 09:43 PM   #7
Mangled03gmc

Yah no doubt. Was thinking roll pan, but in order for that would have to get a new hitch receiver and all. Need to be able to haul the 32' boat around. Just looking for a nice bumper. I think I have figured out my initial thought that a 81-87 bumper will work for me. LOL Hope thats rite..

Dads 83 RCLB dually, BBC, 400 turbo, Under construction
Mine 03 Sierra RCSB,6.0, boost, a bunch of other goodies
Old 11-29-2012, 09:53 PM   #8
chevybuilder18

Quote:
Yah no doubt. Was thinking roll pan, but in order for that would have to get a new hitch receiver and all. Need to be able to haul the 32' boat around. Just looking for a nice bumper. I think I have figured out my initial thought that a 81-87 bumper will work for me. LOL Hope thats rite..
73-87 but thats alright. we all forget some times. thought of the reciever and frenching my reciever through or run it under my roll pan. it would look nice with a real bump that was like a roll pan but went under like the roll pan. know what i mean? just tucked away
Old 11-29-2012, 10:43 PM   #9
stepsideguy82

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevybuilder18 View Post
73-87 but thats alright. we all forget some times. thought of the reciever and frenching my reciever through or run it under my roll pan. it would look nice with a real bump that was like a roll pan but went under like the roll pan. know what i mean? just tucked away
I have seen quite a few with the reciever hidden behind the license plate in roll pan style trucks ill have to dig up some pics of them if i can
stepsideguy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:17 AM   #10
chevybuilder18

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepsideguy82 View Post
I have seen quite a few with the reciever hidden behind the license plate in roll pan style trucks ill have to dig up some pics of them if i can
thanks man!
Old 11-30-2012, 02:27 AM   #11
bk2life
Account Suspended

Quote:
what year to year rear bumpers fit this truck? 80-87??
any truck that is your body style, such as 73-87, and upto 91 dually/burbans

if your lowering it, a roll pan is an ice addition, and you put the hithc behind the flip donw icense plate box and you have a hidden hitch.

but if you want a bumper from other vehicles, its not hard to weld some bumper mounts and make pretty much any bumper work
bk2life is offline   Reply With Quote