The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-05-2014, 05:50 PM   #1
ellisjay2

Choke thermostat cover broken....

Would I have to replace my hold carburetor if the choke cover where you adjust the choke thermostatic spring is broken and will not stay in position, I have a zip tie around it to hold it where it needs to be until adjustment for winter on the way...I just figured it could be a way to replace the cover or choke without replacing the whole carb, its time to rebuild or re-jet the carb any way, but the choke is disturbing the air/ fuel mixture, backfiring, making the engine run too rich. stock 4 barrel quadrajet electric choke.
ellisjay2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 06:26 PM   #2
ellisjay2

Re: Choke thermostat cover broken....

[QUOTE=ellisjay2;6868194]Would I have to replace my hold carburetor if the choke cover where you adjust the choke thermostatic spring is broken and will not stay in position, I have a zip tie around it to hold it where it needs to be until adjustment for winter on the way...I just figured it could be a way to replace the cover or choke without replacing the whole carb, its time to rebuild or re-jet the carb any way, but the choke is disturbing the air/ fuel mixture, backfiring, making the engine run too rich. stock 4 barrel quadrajet electric choke. by the way does anybody have a roch 4 barrel quadrajet for sale close by?? I was thinking if i found an old spare i could use another cover and rivets again to lock the cover still.

Last edited by ellisjay2; 10-05-2014 at 06:45 PM.
Old 10-05-2014, 07:28 PM   #3
geezer#99

Why buy used when new is available.
http://quadrajetparts.com/rochester-...-c-128_23.html
geezer#99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 11:05 PM   #4
ellisjay2

Quote:
Originally Posted by geezer#99 View Post
Why buy used when new is available.
http://quadrajetparts.com/rochester-...-c-128_23.html

Hey thanx a lot man I didn't expect a site selling these old carb parts broken down as the are..now days most companies sell things in larger more expensive size packages or either don't sell the part single. This is great site very glad for the info because I can now replace extra parts that are worn like the electric connector wire to choke, and the clips. Would happen to know some sites for original interior/ exterior compents I need to wire in another interior floor light, tag light and bed light or is LMC trucking the only expensive source?

Last edited by ellisjay2; 10-05-2014 at 11:27 PM.
Old 10-05-2014, 09:28 PM   #5
gmachinz
Account Suspended

That place is an awesome store site BTW!
gmachinz is offline   Reply With Quote