The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-06-2004, 02:37 AM   #1
bigblock73
yeller

newest page, take a look

Well folks, here is one of the biggest steps I have taken thus far on 73-87.com. As usual, please let me know is something is quirky or if there are things that could use tweaking, and for you dial up folks, let me know how it loads and such.

Hope you enjoy it, this will give you an idea what I had done to Yeller before I took it all apart a while back.

http://www.73-87.com/my_truck/mytruck.htm
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 04:56 AM   #2
crackajacka
Stylin

i drool at the fact of a off frame restoration and how much i would really love to do one. Your pictures inspire me but they also make me sad in the fact that I CANT DO IT lol o well theres always later ya know
crackajacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 07:23 AM   #3
Low87on20s
Live from Atlanta

Looks great!...and loads very well with this T1 connection I have from work :p
Old 01-06-2004, 11:01 AM   #4
Zilverado
Account Suspended

I think the Yellow color is extremely sweet. Just something about yellow that I think is cool - truck, sports car - it doesn't matter, it just looks good.

Having said that though, I would have probably stuck with the original silver rally wheels rather than yellow. I debated painting my wheels white to match my truck, but decided to stay with the silver and I'm glad I did.

But, hey, if you like 'em that's really all that matters - afterall, it's your truck. And I'm sure there are many folks on this forum that would not share my opinion. That's why I call it my $.02

Zilverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 11:29 AM   #5
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Jeff, It loads good for me too, but I have DSL. I think it looks great, and is laid out very well. The only thing I could suggest is to change the font to one size larger. With the black background, I found the size you are using just a little hard to read.

Yeah, I know I'm old and blind too. But in my defense, I do have a 19" flat panel monitor. I could be blind and still see the hair on a frogs butt with this thing...

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 11:33 AM   #6
Low87on20s
Live from Atlanta

I gotta admit that I have seen alot of things on the internet...but never have i seen the hair on a frogs butt, nor do I want to.
Old 01-06-2004, 11:38 AM   #7
bigblock73
yeller

Thumbs up

Ken, I played with that a little, and it appeared to me the next size up was too big...and it was hard to read for me. I will play some more, and see what happens...you might be right though.

Zilverado, the pics with the yellow wheels are the old pics of the truck...my new wheels are Weld Pro Stars, 15x7 and 15x10. I debated about the silver/yellow paint, but at the time I was after the rod look...and back in 96 everyone was running body colored steel wheels..I had to follow I guess.

Cracka, be patient my friend, I waited a looong time to do this...I had to buy my house first in order to do this.

Thanks for the input everyone, I really appreciate it!
Old 01-06-2004, 01:41 PM   #8
allthrtl
Available for Adoption

Page looks great Jeff......However, I would still like to see you leave Mike's stuff up somewhere. Specifically, his parts page, along with the garage articles the parts page is cool because he lists part numbers, this recently saved me $60 when I was ordering rear end parts....I'm sure your parts list will be equally nice, but you can never have to much information.....

Michael
Old 01-06-2004, 01:55 PM   #9
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally posted by Low87on20s
....but never have i seen the hair on a frogs butt, nor do I want to.
It's a good thing you clarified that statement. I was about to do a search for hairy frog butts....
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 01:59 PM   #10
Low87on20s
Live from Atlanta

Quote:
Originally posted by N2TRUX
It's a good thing you clarified that statement. I was about to do a search for hairy frog butts....
If you do, start another thread...I don't want to hi-jack Jeff's anymore than I already did.

Sorry Jeff.
Old 01-06-2004, 02:02 PM   #11
bigblock73
yeller

Aw man, don't worry about it...doesn't bother me a bit.
Old 01-06-2004, 02:09 PM   #12
bigblock73
yeller

Quote:
Originally posted by allthrtl
Page looks great Jeff......However, I would still like to see you leave Mike's stuff up somewhere. Specifically, his parts page, along with the garage articles the parts page is cool because he lists part numbers, this recently saved me $60 when I was ordering rear end parts....I'm sure your parts list will be equally nice, but you can never have to much information.....

Michael
All of Mikeys garage articles are still on the site, under "Garage"...not only are his there, but so are mine, as well as others.

His parts list, not too sure what to do with that...might have to have a special button for it for a while...but you could always print it off once I get it back up.

All of Mikes stuff is still on the site pretty much, I am just adding to it...making it more of a 73-87 knowledge and fun board...for the lack of a better term.
Old 01-06-2004, 05:23 PM   #13
1974StepSide
Play it Loud...

I'm using Dial-up at home, and the page loads up quickly. The only suggestion I have is I'd like to see the images open up in a new window. I think it's a little easier to navigate back and forth that way.

1974 Cheyenne Super Stepside, 350/400, Hooker Headers, Flowmaster Mufflers... Needs new doors, fenders, hood, and paint.

1952 Chevy Pickup waiting to be brought back home!
1974StepSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 07:19 PM   #14
swervin ervin
You get what you pay for

Looks good Jeff. Glad to see you are finally making the site yours.

1985 Chevy C-10
swervin ervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 01:34 AM   #15
apstguy
LED King

Looks good. Load times? What load times? I have cable!

BTW The font is too small. I have great vision too!

1985 C10 305 w/ Bowtie OD TH700R4 3.42 LSD 202,000 miles
2006 Ford Focus ZX3 5-speed Stick
2016 Chevy Spark EV
Gone: 2002.5 VW GTI 24v VR6
Gone: 2008 VW R32
apstguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 08:46 AM   #16
rage'nrat638
Account Suspended

looks great bro....glad to see someone got it...that would do some some thing good with it......keep up the great work.....
you got some big shoes to fill......
rage'nrat638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 04:23 PM   #17
swervin ervin
You get what you pay for

Jeff,

I see you changed the font size. Much better. Now I can read it.

One suggestion though, if you don't mind. I think your truck page would look fantastic if you put the stuff in tables. this way, the sentences could be controlled and wouldn't go from one side of the screen to the other. You could make them as wide as the photos this way.

Do you know how to set up tables in Frontpage. I don't. I can do it all day long with html.

Just a thought and might be something you can try to see if you like it. I know above you said you didn't like the way the pages looked with the bigger font.

Mike
swervin ervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 06:20 PM   #18
bigblock73
yeller

Quote:
Originally posted by swervin ervin
Jeff,

I see you changed the font size. Much better. Now I can read it.

One suggestion though, if you don't mind. I think your truck page would look fantastic if you put the stuff in tables. this way, the sentences could be controlled and wouldn't go from one side of the screen to the other. You could make them as wide as the photos this way.

Do you know how to set up tables in Frontpage. I don't. I can do it all day long with html.

Just a thought and might be something you can try to see if you like it. I know above you said you didn't like the way the pages looked with the bigger font.

Mike
Mike, yeah I changed the font...I like it much better that way too I must admit.

I might give the tables thing a try, although I am liking the new size, doesn't bother me anymore.

I do know how to use them (tables)...super easy...I could do it all day long too.
Old 01-09-2004, 06:22 PM   #19
bigblock73
yeller

Thumbs up

Oh, a couple more things.

I re-did the garage a little bit, did away with the picture buttons...trying to find a better looking way (hopefully soon). I also added a couple more tech articles in there too.

Rob (toonman) also sent me some more of his awesome toons, head to the novelties section to check them out.
Old 01-09-2004, 10:51 PM   #20
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

I'm slow, I don't get to this side as often as I should. Your site is looking real good. Both waht you have done and what Mike had on there. very helpful to us amatuers!
Thanks!!

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote