The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-20-2024, 01:29 PM   #1
jocko

Pic request: factory bench seat carpet (still installed)

Gents, have a quick request for a pic of a factory 71-72 carpet that is still installed/intact (don't care about condition). Ideally with the seat removed, if by chance you happened to snap a pic before the carpet came out (but pls don't remove your seat for me ) - just looking for a pic under the seat and on/around the rear & edges and limits of the carpet, especially in the furthest aft areas and corners - or general pics that show where the original carpet edges were. One of my trucks has an aftermarket mat and the other had a lotta mice, so nothing left to reference Thanks!

Last edited by jocko; 07-20-2024 at 01:37 PM.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:51 PM   #2
jocko

Re: Pic request: factory bench seat carpet (still installed)

still hoping someone might have a pic of an original carpet that is still installed. It's ok of the seat is still installed, just trying to get a rough idea of the rear corner trimming and rear edge limits, etc. Thanks
Old Yesterday, 10:09 PM   #3
chewychevy67

Well mine is from a 67. It's not in the truck but I have a pic of it on the deck. Mine goes to the inside edge of the hump where the seat front bolts to the floor. If nobody else posts a picture in the next day or 2 I can go lay it in there for you.
Attached Images

chewychevy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:19 PM   #4
jocko

Thanks Chewy, believe it or not, I’ve got a pic of a 67 or 68, and for some reason in the back of my mind, I was thinkin that by the time they got to 72 that maybe the carpet went a little further back. There was so little carpet left in my 72, just remnants, I couldn’t tell where the edges were and could swear I read a thread on here somewhere earlier where I thought someone mentioned the 67-68 (maybe a little later) were different from the 71-72 (and maybe a little earlier). Just not sure. Really appreciate you posting the pic.
Old Today, 01:15 AM   #5
FirstOwner69

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
Thanks Chewy, believe it or not, I’ve got a pic of a 67 or 68, and for some reason in the back of my mind, I was thinkin that by the time they got to 72 that maybe the carpet went a little further back. There was so little carpet left in my 72, just remnants, I couldn’t tell where the edges were and could swear I read a thread on here somewhere earlier where I thought someone mentioned the 67-68 (maybe a little later) were different from the 71-72 (and maybe a little earlier). Just not sure. Really appreciate you posting the pic.

I seem to recall discussing this here at least 8 to 10 years ago and concluded that the carpet did not continue under the seat to at least 71-72.

That said here is a picture of the original carpet from my early '69 with buckets. Note that they trimmed the binding before installing the door sill plate.
Attached Images

Last edited by FirstOwner69; Today at 01:21 AM.
FirstOwner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:37 PM   #6
chewychevy67

That could very well be. After all everything in 67 was completely different by 72.
chewychevy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:19 PM   #7
pjmoreland

Here's a not-so-great photo I have of the rear corner of the original carpet in a '72 I used to own.
Attached Images

pjmoreland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:41 PM   #8
jocko

Thanks pj, looks very similar to the 67, so maybe they didn’t change across the years(?)