The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old Yesterday, 08:58 PM   #1
72Mountaineer

Bluetooth

PO cut the dash the small DIN, and I'm retaining the cab gas tank. Naturally no room for any decent speakers, don't want to cut up the doors. Looking at the remote BT speakers. What are people using? Do I actually need a BT radio?
72Mountaineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:05 PM   #2
dmjlambert

Re: Bluetooth

You most likely have plenty of room for decent speakers. This is what I did for my 1969 C10 and I will probably move the setup to my 1963 when I get the 1963 running. If the radio or amplifier you are connecting to the speakers has aux in via a plug in cable, it is possible to connect a bluetooth receiver to the aux in, so you can convert almost any radio to bluetooth capable. In my setup everything is under the seat and I adjust volume and control it via my phone. I'm patching the dash to get it back to factory, with AM radio which I won't use much but it'll be there and work.
https://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vbo...23#post9064123
dmjlambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:31 AM   #3
jayoldschool

I use a couple of paired Anker Soundcore Boost speakers on the dash. Just take them in and out when I use the truck. Can't beat the sound.
jayoldschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:32 PM   #4
forestb

I used a Kicker Audio stereo. It connects to the bluetooth on you phone and you can wire speakers up to it. I like it because you can hide it anywhere. It does not have AM/FM radio. I have two speakers in the dash where the original ones were and I installed some in the kick panels that I have not wired yet and I also have a powered subwoofer under my seat that I also have not wired yet. I had a pair of speakers installed in the kick panel vents but that made my cab too air tight and caused problems and I could also hear the music coming out of the cowl outside of the truck.

Last edited by forestb; Today at 03:41 PM.
forestb is offline   Reply With Quote