The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-30-2003, 07:14 PM   #1
padreisla

Cool Alarm Wiring

Ok, I installed a new Pan Am alarm in my 67 C20, along with installing door lock actuators. The only problem I am having is with the front parking lights. I want the parking lights to work so that they flash when the alarm is activated/deactivated or when the alarm in engaged. The problem is that when I tapped into the light wiring harness for the parking lights, only the rear tail lights flash. So I found 2 additional wires, one for the front left parking light and another one for the front right side parking light. I tapped into both of them, the problem now is that when I turn on either turn signal both turn signals flash, and also when I turn on my parking lights the turn signals do not work. So what I am asking is does anyone have a wiring schematic for the 67 C20 that they can copy and send me or just scan that part and post here? Any thing you can do to help is appreciated.

Joey

97 Jeep Wrangler
4cyl
5sp
padreisla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 07:44 PM   #2
john
member #16

Heres some diagrams.
http://www.geocities.com/chevroletc1070/wiringdias.html
It sounds like you are getting a feedback withit wired that way. If all else fails you can get some diodes from RADIO SHACK and probably cure the prob. Good luck John
john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 07:57 PM   #3
jmanz69
Careful, they attack...

The wire for the parking lights is dark brown. It should do both front and back. If you are having turn signal problems, that means you tapped the turn signals. Now you have the voltage leaking to both. Only tap the dark brown wire, you will be able to get it under the dash at the headlight switch or at the fuse box.
I was an alarm installer while going to college. I've done dozens of our trucks and they are pretty easy to do. Only problem you might have is if there is a bad ground. But then it usually makes no lights work.
I hope you hid your alarm module really well. These trucks are very easy to break into and even easier to bypass an alarm that has not been hidden very well. Does it have a starter kill relay with it too? I did all my wiring behind the dash with the gauges out. The only way to get to any of the wires was to take the gauges out. You couldn't even see that there was an alarm from the floor.
jmanz69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 11:19 PM   #4
padreisla

Cool Alarm

jmanz69, I removed the dash and put everything behind the dash on the inside firewall, the only sign of an alarm is the blinking light on the dash. I also hid the valet switch inside the glovebox. Here is a link to the one that I got(Delta made it). I am not using the remote start but am using most of the other features. I will try the brown wire tomorrow and let you know.

Also John, thanks for the wiring schematic.

Thanks for the information.

Joey

97 Jeep Wrangler
4cyl
5sp

Last edited by padreisla; 12-30-2003 at 11:43 PM.
padreisla is offline   Reply With Quote