The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-23-2004, 04:35 AM   #1
muscletruck

i love my NEW BUCKETS

hey guys and gals.... ok.... so here they are... after going through bench.... to yukon bnuckets and now to these grey cloth... i like the way the grey cloth came out... my buddy took soem pics tontie with is digi... i love em...perfect height...comfy as hell... and easy install.... give me some feed back... i want to get the bench done in the same material how much do you guys think it would be?

78 Crew Cab Dually
454/TH400, Dual Flows, Edelbrock Intake, Cam, Lifters, Billet Grill, K&N Airfilter, Grant Steering Wheel, A/C, soon to be power windows and locks, lots of plans for this...

....gas prices go down please
muscletruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 04:36 AM   #2
muscletruck

heres the back

no leg room... im in cruiser mode

78 Crew Cab Dually
454/TH400, Dual Flows, Edelbrock Intake, Cam, Lifters, Billet Grill, K&N Airfilter, Grant Steering Wheel, A/C, soon to be power windows and locks, lots of plans for this...

Old 04-23-2004, 06:36 AM   #3
TIMSPEED

damn NICE!!
Old 04-23-2004, 09:18 AM   #4
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Those look great. Nice and cushy. It shouldn't cost much to get your rear bench covered, since that requires the least amount of labor to cover. Are you going to change out the door panel color too?

Did you get your leather seats sold? Those were super nice. Too bad they were too tall...

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 04:45 PM   #5
KIILew

Beautiful seats!

What brand and model are they? Do they sit higher or lower than the original bench?

I am especially curious to know if you are centered behind the steering wheel when you sit squarely in the driver's seat.

I have been bitten by that one before- -back in 1988 we bought some new flexsteel seats for our '88 Chev K3500. After I put them in I discovered I had to reach to the right for the wheel!

Just wondering because I want to replace the bench in my '79. I would like, too, to find something with a back or headrest that might prevent one's head from hitting the back glass in case of an accident.

Ken Lewis
KIILew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 05:08 PM   #6
87Silvy

I am also curious to know as what brand/model they are. They look good BTW, although I would prefer leather.
Old 04-23-2004, 06:25 PM   #7
muscletruck

ya i know

i wanted leather!!!! i really did.... oh man, but expensive..these seats are brand new.... i bought em from eurotech.... its a seat place in bell gardens out here in cali.... but you can check out all there seats on www.salesco.com look under fullsize truck seats, i got venice gray...sweet seats... they gave me the brackets that bolt right up to the factory holes...the easiest install of my life... i love it...smooth tracks... and the center console even moves forward and back..the seats sit perfect height, maybe like an inch lower than the bench..but not even.. it feels perfect for me... and they are centered nicely... and yes sold the leather yukons...thanks to rickspickupart...good guy... came down and grabbed em right up...

78 Crew Cab Dually

Old 04-23-2004, 06:28 PM   #8
muscletruck

oh ya

im gonna go with a black and grey interior i am thinking about some door panels i saw one here... they were sweet... kinda pricey... but sweet... custom but not oo custom... i need to find em...

78 Crew Cab Dually

Old 04-23-2004, 10:14 PM   #9
mkundo

I'm in the middle of doing the same to my dually crew cab, '73. I'm using '73 blazer seat's front and rear.
Looks Good
Old 04-23-2004, 10:51 PM   #10
swervin ervin
You get what you pay for

Look good. I also have seats from Eurotech. I bought mine from Salesco. Mine are black. I no longer have the console seat. I built a center console when I installed my floor shifter.

1985 Chevy C-10
swervin ervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 08:37 AM   #11
76bonanza

how was salesco prices seem fair how was shipping an what not?
76bonanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 04:25 PM   #12
muscletruck

hmmm

the seats are good quality and the prices are fair.. i mean i paid 499 plus tax for my seats... and i got the brackets and center ice chest upgrade for free.... so ithink they are pretty cool... i didnt get my things shipped i went and picked em up since i live next door to em... swervin ervin might have gotten his shipped.... hes not really that close to cali...

78 Crew Cab Dually

Old 04-25-2004, 10:14 PM   #13
85Silverado

Probably be another hundred to get them shipped huh? I'm very interested in those seats but i live out in wisconsin and shipping might be pricey.

'78 C20 Scottsdale
350ci
3 speed with granny gear
14 bolt rearend

My trucks are "Car-Guy safe".......which pretty much means death trap in the hands of a normal civilian.
85Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote