The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-24-2004, 05:01 AM   #1
Freebird41

Angry left tail light/dash light problem

Hope someone can help a new guy. When I turn on my left signal the dashlights blink with it. All the turn signal lights blink but the right ones are dim. Right signal works great. This is a 1979 4WD LWB 1/2 TON with 350

Andy
Freebird41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 02:13 AM   #2
Freebird41

I figured out that the wrong bulb was in the front socket. I have just gotten this truck back,it was stolen 2 years ago. Can anyone tell me the wiring diagram for the alternator? The wires under the hood had been cut and I have everything working except the alternator.

Thanks
Old 09-28-2004, 08:44 AM   #3
mckpaul

First off, welcome to the board. Saw your post the other day, was kind of anxious to see what the outcome was. Glad to see you figured it out. Also, good to hear a truck that was stolen 2 years ago was found and returned! That's awesome.

Sorry, don't have a wiring diagram for a 79. Mine is an 84, I know it has three wires on the alternator, there's a two conductor connector that plugs in and a third wire that connects to a small threaded stud connector on the back. But I guess if your wires are cut, makes it kind of hard to figure out what is what.

Hopefull somebody with a shop manual will jump in and give you some input. Don't let the lack of response to your post leave you thinking things are dead here. Think you stumped everyone with the blinking dash lights. This place does have a lot of good info and good folks on it. There's not a 'member introduction' section for new people to say hello, so unless someone notices you only have one or two posts in your post count, no one knows you're new (unless you mention being new in the title of a post)
Anyway, welcome, hang around and jump into the madness anywhere you see fit.

1984 Chevy C-10
*LWB/305*
mckpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 09:12 AM   #4
Freebird41

Thanks mckpaul,
I was very surprised when I got the call it had been found.Apparently they were very lazy thiefs because they had it for 2 years and did not strip anything.I had been working on restoring it for about 2 years when it was stolen. Started it up the other day and the air conditioner is still cold. By the way,this is a fantastic site,I have spent hours just reading the posts.
Andy