The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-19-2005, 08:14 PM   #1
caspear78

Location: biwabik, minnesota, what is this white stuff out here
Takein a break,,,,,,

well its time to take a break and let the truck sit for a bit until funds start comein in better, time is no problem but the money is short for rite now, plus i have another DD to get up and runnin as soon as i can, i think now is the time for me to just sit back and think about everything that needs to be done on the truck and start gatherin parts for the ole truck, which will include a new cab and frame , im gonna buy me a good welder and start learnin how to weld and may just fix what needs to be fixed on the cab along with the body, not sure when the ole truck will see the light of day again, but i know, it will be a while,i decided to find me a DD becuase my ole truck just needs to much work done to it, i havent drivein the truck in over 3 months already so it wont hurt to bad, it did in the beginnin before we moved up here to minnesota, im sure by spring time ill get around to workin out it, lil by lil and just takein my time with it and learnin more about the truck as i go, so i am lookin forward to rebuilding her, i think it will be fun for me and my wife to work on her together and watch it all come together in the end,as for the DD all it needs is another motor , which by the way the new DD is an 87 s-10 with a 2.5 and a 4 speed manual, ive got the other motor lined up for it which i will go and get come monday or tuesday, and then pull the old one out and drop in the other, it wont take a to long to get it going so im not to worried about it,,,,,the board is helpful in so many ways and i enjoy comein here and plan on poppin in more as i start workin on the truck,,,,thanks mark
caspear78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 08:16 PM   #2
Randy70C-10
Account Suspended

You're replacing the 2.5 with a 502, right?
Randy70C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 08:39 PM   #3
caspear78

ok ive got a lead foot and im sure 502 would kill me,lol, no im just gonna put another 2.5 in it for the time being, after this summer i may go to a 4.3 after i find a good block and build it up along with the 350 for my ole truck,,,,,,,mark
Old 03-09-2005, 01:34 AM   #4
caspear78

ok i miss my truck to much to take a big break, ive got all the gaskets for it and and orderin up some new main and rod bearings and also new rings for it, then ill pull the 350 out and start on it in the next 2 weeks or so, im still in search of a frame for it but that will have to wait until the summer when i have the back yard to play in with it, but as for rite now im just going to fish plate it and baby it, ive still gotta put some pipes under it, which i decided today that i will run a single on it until i can do theframe then it will get some duals under it,,, ok im ramblein now, so im off here,,,,,,mark

Last edited by caspear78; 03-09-2005 at 01:35 AM. Reason: miss spelled word