The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-22-2011, 06:44 PM   #1
Cw72gmc
~Craig~

Maybe my 72 will double as a house and source of income....

Hey guys, just needing somewhere to vent..... And i know my 67-72 buddys are the best at encouragement. Well i've been working 60 hour work weeks for the last 4 months for a company that promised me a permanent position.... Today they anounced to the entire floor of 65+ people that Wedsday for some and monday for others will be our last day. No additional pay to get us through the holidays. No holiday pay for thanksgiving. A few days away from my birthday for me, and just before christmas for everyone. I am at such a loss. I have a home, a wife, I have many bills that I will happily work to pay. They laughed it off, and told us if we post it on facebook It will constitute bad terms and we will have no relationship with the company in the future... So I am posting here. I'm 23 years old, completed school, have a life and health insurance license for 40 states.... And cannot find decent work, I don't know whats wrong with our country anymore, they would rather send our factorys and jobs off shore and watch our hard workers suffer here to put bread on the table.. Sorry to vent, I'm just having a bad day.... You guys, my truck, and my wife are the only ones whom I have to vent to.
Cw72gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:55 PM   #2
dmwphoto

Re: Maybe my 72 will double as a house and source of income....

i know that truly hurts. I wish you the best to come out the other side in better shape.
dmwphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:59 PM   #3
dhaymaker

Cw72gmc - So sorry to see what's happening. It's hard to lose a job, I've seen a lot of it right here where I work, and it's really sad when it comes around the end of the year and in the Holidays. I am fairly concerned about my job, and I've been here for almost 17 years! Keep your head up and stay very active with respect to your job search. I, and I'm sure many, many others on the site, wish you the best of luck at landing a new job very soon.

"The DRBMan"

2014 Audi A4 (The Wife's Daily Driver)
2017 HD Ultra (The Cruiser)
2003 HD Fatboy (The Ride)
2001 Chevy Suburban (Another back up!!)

For the first time in forever, not a single 67-72 Chevy truck, Blazer, or Suburban on the property! Basically retired and getting the new Motorhome ready for some traveling. Doing a bit of work on the house getting it ready to sell! LOL!!

Last edited by dhaymaker; 11-22-2011 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Not paying attention! Plus, still working on that English thing!
dhaymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:01 PM   #4
dmwphoto

it is not me, it is Cw72gmc. Lord knows it could be any of us.
dmwphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:24 PM   #5
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Curious what company this is ...
Old 11-22-2011, 07:41 PM   #6
Cw72gmc
~Craig~

Thanks for all the encouragement guys, I just am so overwhelmed. I am a family man, I do not use drugs, I work hard, I'm not to proud to clean the floors ... And yet it's getting harder and harder to make a living in our country. Crazy Stuff.

The company Is universal american insurance
Cw72gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:46 PM   #7
Sillyoldman

Sorry to see another affected by our economy. I can't comment any more on that subject, nor should anyone else in order to keep politics out. Keep your chin up brother I'm sure you'll right the ship!

'71 Custom Deluxe C-20 402.
'67 Buick Special 455.
'49 Plymouth Special Deluxe.
"I love that old car smell"

Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Sillyoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:37 PM   #8
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Its a shame youre in Utah.. i cant find a helper here that is worth having to deal with.. I pay cash daily and include lunch doing some construction work..

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:42 PM   #9
flashed

Best of luck to you ,just pray for something to come along and do the best you can .Its tough all over but hopefully you will find something soon.
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:47 PM   #10
big_al_71

Too bad that you are not in miami. I have several job openings in the dealership....

keep your head up!!!

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:04 PM   #11
boogie67

I feel for you bro.I lost my job of 35 years ,one day they just closed it down.Keep your faith up hopefully something will come up for you.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:31 PM   #12
screamin_c10
I dun gradjiated collij!!!

Sorry to hear it brother... I sincerely hope everything works out for you in the end....

Bill
screamin_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:56 PM   #13
pritch

It may seem bad right now, I know from being in your shoes a few years back, but Utah's job market is stronger than most of the other various States. There are jobs to be had here, just gotta keep bugging folks. I don't know if you would be interested, my wife works for DABC, and she says they are shorthanded across the board this time of year. (That's the liquor stores, just in case you didn't know) This is part-time work, but it is still possible to do forty hour weeks, you just can't do more than 1050 hours or so in a year. Applications are at the stores, but those are store-specific. Go to the Utah State website. I'm not to sure what it is right now, but it should be easy enough to find.

Good luck, man. And if I hear of anything, I'll be sure to let you know.
Ol' Green
pritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:48 AM   #14
BlazinC5

A few years ago I got layed off and was out of work for 5 months. I didn't know what was going to happen in that time period so i used some of my severance pay and finished the basment in my house. That way I could possibly eek out a lil more money or sell if easier if i did have to relocate. Luckily i got into another job with close to the pay I lost. Even though it was pretty much the only job that accualy responded to me. So it can happen. Sad part is, Wa, will be over $9.00 minimum wage as of Jan. and Insurance with this company I work for dropped the bomb of next years 3k deductable, No copays, and only 80% coverage there after till almost 11K is spent out of my pocket before 100% coverage. My wife and her son have alot of issues and see doctors all the time. I feel like I should get a divorce, put her and her kid on disability, quit my job and work for min. wage at a job that causes me no stress. Just last week at lunch break, I was just looking around the ceiling and one of my Leads noticed me. He was like,, "what are you looking for?" "The carrot" I replied, "Looks like that carrot they were dangling when I got this job just got yoinked the F outa here". It's to bad us hard working types are getting the raw end of the deals like this but I still am moving forward and hoping for better. Guess we all need to vent now and then...

My build, Restarted

05 Buell firebolt
94 1500 Z71
No rice for me,,, I'm full
BlazinC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:00 AM   #15
jayman68
Fun Stuff

Good luck to you. I'm looking too.

68 C10(project)
88 Honda Accord(DD)
93 Chevy Astro EXT 2wd
jayman68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:52 AM   #16
Kurt L

yeah i've been laid off for 3 months now can't seem to find any work either. i'm here in jacksonville and theres nothing here. been thinking bout trying out of town work. good luck on your job hunt i know it's tough i'm there where you are.
Kurt L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 06:16 AM   #17
krazy_texan

Just keep your head high thats all you can do and be persistant in your job search. there are plenty of jobs to be had its just a matter of finding them. I myself just started a new job after loosing my last job 2 days after returning from vacation
1990 v1500 suburban
1967 Ford f100 Swb 4x4 "green bean"

GOD BLESS JESUS, JOHN WAYNE, AND THE ALAMO
krazy_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:07 AM   #18
dammitmitchell
the pollock

many of us looking. holidays are coming up and im on unemployment.. after 2 years of school to get certificates that "guarentee" me work .. and nothing..

you think with all thse people protesting companies would be keeping and hiring those who are not.. wtf... ya know?

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=343538
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=386042
dammitmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:22 AM   #19
Indian113

I'm sorry that you have this bump in the middle of your road! Take time to look around and take inventory of the many things you have to be thankful for and you'll realize you may not be rich money wise but Very Wealthy in other things!

Good luck on finding a new job, your a good person and should be able to find one soon.
Indian113 is offline   Reply With Quote