The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-09-2002, 12:48 PM   #1
darrel_s

LMC Exhaust/Muffler Kit on Blazers?

Anyone bought and installed one of these on a Blazer. Quality? Fit/Modifications? Ease of Install? Thanks

Last edited by darrel_s; 10-09-2002 at 12:55 PM.
darrel_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 01:28 PM   #2
Huck

Can't speak to Blazer exhaust from LMC but I just spent 5 hours trying to get their C10 exhaust to fit. I also spent all morning trying to get their $119. seat cover to fit. BIG MISTAKE. They have a great catalog re- detail breakout, but my opinion and experience is the quality of their product does not justify their price. The exhaust instructions did not match the items, the items were not marked, and the fit was marginal at best. The seat cover is starting to tear just sitting on the backrest in the sun. Maybe I just got 2 unusual pieces of crap but I doubt it! Huck
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 01:45 PM   #3
JimKshortstep4x4

Smile

We have had excellent service out of LMC's exhaust kits since they started galvanizing the pipes. (The first kit we got was not galvanized and it did not last long). Fit is good, there is a clearance problem at the transfer case and we cut and reflange the head pipe for that side, (an inch will usually give the clearance you need). The clearance is tight at the transfer case regardless of what you use. We don't use the light duty clamps for the joints, (the pipe material is heavy enough to where you need the HD clamps to squeeze the pipe). We have installed them on short beds, long beds, Burbs, and a Blazer.

We had a problem with one of the stock mufflers and since then we don't use stock mufflers. After paying $150 several years ago to get some poorly fitted "custom" talepipes installed on a C-10
we looked for a different source and have been happy with LMC's
dual exhause setup. For the price, it is a pretty good deal.

Jim
JimKshortstep4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote