The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-17-2013, 09:25 PM   #1
sir_talk_alot

A small town police truck and a good trade

so a craigslist deal ended up telling a cool story. i decided to go ahead and trade my bbc, im gonna be taking the plunge soon, so i cant justify spending the $ on it. so long story short on the motor, i traded my old late 70s 454 needing rebuild for a fresh machined .60 over 350, machine matching crank, nice rods, and a set of 461 heads ported and polish ready to go. he did the work on it for a customer and they backed out. so i made off like a bandit only needing pistons, intake and cam/valvetrain and just put it together.

so in his cluttered shop sits a swb 70. custom 10. body wise she was in pretty decent shape and he said he would sell it. way back when in its glory days his dad was the town constable. in a little bitty town that you blink and you miss it. well, elpaso is on its way up to a major lake here and is normally a stopping point for gassing up boats. well the town couldnt afford a police car, so he used this truck. he had a 350 bored out, heads worked, shift kit, 373s and rally wheels. it was just for hotrodding around. gloss black paint. he bought a blue light and a gold star magnet on the door. he would sit and wait for the kids or others who would blast through the only stop sign right in the middle of town which was the old highway, in their sports cars and run them down. he said that they were always surprised that an old truck would catch up so quick and get them. i thought it was a cool story to hear how an old c10 was used for good.
Attached Images

'94 GMT 400 ext z71 3" body, 3 in rough country, hd mirrors, 20" motometals on 35s
sir_talk_alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:36 PM   #2
YBNORML

Re: A small town police truck and a good trade

Sooooo? Are you going back to continue trading?
Never the less, a cool story.
Posted via Mobile Device

68’ GMC shortbox
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=794201

72' 2WD Blazer
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=425385

67' LongBox C-10
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=691845

InstaGram ybnorml67
YBNORML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:55 PM   #3
sir_talk_alot

Re: A small town police truck and a good trade

he said he would like to trade more and do business more in the future cuz he loves building motors, and he said he did want to sell the truck, so maybe after i get my truck driving again i may ask about it. its a mid 70 because it has 5 lug disc brakes. custom 10 airconditioning no motor or trans.

'94 GMT 400 ext z71 3" body, 3 in rough country, hd mirrors, 20" motometals on 35s
sir_talk_alot is offline   Reply With Quote