The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-06-2010, 02:54 PM   #1
19seventeeCustom

One you just cant let go!!

Hey guys,

Today I was bored at work and thinking about all of the cars and trucks I have owned over the past few years. And that got me thinking of some of the decisions I made to sell a car or truck and pursue another project or toy.

I currently have an 01z28 that I have owned since '02 way back when I was still wet behind the ears. lol and my 70 swb truck that I have owned for almost a year. I would like to sell the z and move into a c6 vette but I just can't seem to let that car go. The car is almost mint with relatively low miles with alot of good times, money, and parts in it. The car has been payed off for a few years now so thats not an issue. I've had multiple serious offers to buy the car but can't seem to pull the trigger. I could really use the money to dump into the truck(intros,lsx,bagged) but cant let it go.

So my question to you guys is this, Have you ever had a car/truck that you just can't seem to let go of? Anybody have any good advice for this youngster? Maybe Im just not ready to sell and its something that has to run its course!!

just the thought of the day
aaron
19seventeeCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:59 PM   #2
LilD

Re: One you just cant let go!!

I had a 1994 Buick Regal that was the best car Ive ever owned. I didnt let it go until it couldnt go!
LilD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:15 PM   #3
OARNGESI

if moneys not the issue or space and still enjoy the car keep it tell it feels right to sell it
OARNGESI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:24 PM   #4
Racie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OARNGESI View Post
if moneys not the issue or space and still enjoy the car keep it tell it feels right to sell it
Good advice and also as a vette owner if your gonna make it worth your while go Z06 and you won't even remember the Z28! I have owned two regular C5 vettes and regretted not buying a C5Z06 so I bought it. When I went to the C6 generation I bought the new C6Z06 and have never had any regrets on neither C5Z06 or C6Z06! Just do what's right when you feel it!
Racie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:30 PM   #5
Shyguy

Here is one I just can't let go. It is not a Chevy though. We live out in the country in Southeast Missouri and if it were not for this vehicle we would have been unable to get out the country road we live on many times in the 15 years or so we have lived here.

We bought it new in 1986 and it only has 150,000 miles.

I also have a '67 swb stepper I can't let go because my son and I put it together out of various trucks we had around at the time. I don't have a recent picture of it.
Attached Images

'92 GMC K-3500 Duallie, 454/4L80E.
Shyguy is offline   Reply With Quote