The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-11-2008, 02:13 AM   #1
renegade8720

Top Air Ride Kits?

Hi, what are some good complete air ride kits for my 68 C10? I have looked at Air Ride Technologies and love their stuff, but their prices scare me. What are some other air ride brands that will work? I hear that Airbagit is junk. Any advice, links and or pics whoud be great.

Thanks,
Renegade
renegade8720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 03:02 AM   #2
PBFAB.COM

Re: Top Air Ride Kits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade8720 View Post
Hi, what are some good complete air ride kits for my 68 C10? I have looked at Air Ride Technologies and love their stuff, but their prices scare me. What are some other air ride brands that will work? I hear that Airbagit is junk. Any advice, links and or pics whoud be great.

Thanks,
Renegade
I think you can get the best bang for the buck if you do a little shopping around and "piece together" a system using parts from a few different companies. The drawback to this is that it is more time consuming, and can be frustrating if you are not familiar with the air systems.

What kind of "options" are you looking for? Once we know what you are expecting to get, we can better help point you in the best direction.

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com

Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson
CPP

Supporting this forum since 2003!
PBFAB.COM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 03:52 AM   #3
renegade8720

I am a total greenhorn when it comes to air ride which is why I was looking for a complete kit with an easy install (plug and play). I talked with the reps at the Street Rod Nationals. I really like the adjustability of the Air Ride Technologies set up with the new Level Pro set up with aiutomatic leveling and independent control over each corner. Does anyone else offer a simular quality system? O r should I just bite the bullet and go for the ART setup?

Renegade
Old 05-11-2008, 04:32 AM   #4
SCOTI

Quote:
I am a total greenhorn when it comes to air ride which is why I was looking for a complete kit with an easy install (plug and play). I talked with the reps at the Street Rod Nationals. I really like the adjustability of the Air Ride Technologies set up with the new Level Pro set up with aiutomatic leveling and independent control over each corner. Does anyone else offer a simular quality system? O r should I just bite the bullet and go for the ART setup?

Renegade
Like Porter stated, piecing a kit together will save money but the drawback is you have to know what you need & what you're doing.

Will you be installing whatever 'kit' you decide to go with? If no, I suggest you find the shop you plan to deal with & see what they recommend. If you plan to do the install, talk w/various vendors about what you want in a system, what your budget is, & what your skill level is. Compare the answers & see if their suggestions form a trend. My guess is you'll hear alot about AirRide & SuicideDoors as the most popular parts sources.

Also, some food for thought..... Reconsider ART. Yes their pricing might be high initially, but typically their stuff is simple bolt-in stuff which saves the cost of having to pay a fabrication shop . I know a guy that paid a local shop here in town $5K to install a custom air-ride set-up on his 01. The truck was back in that shop twice on a flatbed because their 'custom' rear 3-link kept binding & breaking rod ends. The 3rd (yes 3rd) & final time, it broke something in back again & it caused him to hit a curb basically totaling the truck.

He could have bought an ART Cool-Ride/Air Bar rear for about the same money & gotten products that were engineered to work correctly & still be driving his truck.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 05-11-2008 at 04:39 AM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 08:57 AM   #5
PBFAB.COM

Quote:

Renegade
If it's an auto leveling system you want, I would not recommend anybody other than Air Ride Technologies. The LevelPro works exactly how it is intended. I have installed several and have been 100% satisfied.

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com

Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson
CPP

Supporting this forum since 2003!
PBFAB.COM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 10:06 AM   #6
renegade8720

Thanks guys, I believe I will go with ART as you have suggested.

Renegade
Old 05-13-2008, 12:52 AM   #7
renegade8720

Quote:
Originally Posted by porterbuilt View Post
If it's an auto leveling system you want, I would not recommend anybody other than Air Ride Technologies. The LevelPro works exactly how it is intended. I have installed several and have been 100% satisfied.
I have sent you a PM.

Thanks,
Renegade
Old 05-14-2008, 07:16 AM   #8
XXL
Seņor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by porterbuilt View Post
If it's an auto leveling system you want..
Start saving your pennies.

Last edited by XXL; 05-14-2008 at 07:17 AM.
XXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:50 PM   #9
RunninLo
3DrDwn--the 'burb not the band

Good plan,
I've been doing air ride for over ten years now and have gone from trying to piece together cheap to investing in quality parts. In the long run ART will in fact prove itself as very cost effective over less expensive routes. I'd also like to share that the one and only issue I ever had with ART was handled very quickly and above my expectations. I try to use them whenever possible.
Josh

'89 GMC Dually crew build page coming soon.
88 4x4 crew DD

duallys past/present pics here:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...46#post4001246

89 1 ton Dually rear flip kit install here:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=354327
RunninLo is offline   Reply With Quote