The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-16-2009, 06:10 AM   #1
chuckmc8
It's alsways something.....

Spray in Bed Liners-----DIY?-------

My 00 Silverado has a drop in liner that needs to gooooooo and my 67 fleet bed needs shot liner also.
So, I look at the options for kits. Looks like there are several on ebay, but there are at least 2 types, Urethane and another "2 part" system that seems to caution about liners that dont use an activator.
I really dont know anything about these different systems, but I have a couple buds that also need liners that we could split the cost of a better application system (guns and hoppers)
I don't want something that turns out to be thin and look like a homemade roll on jobbie.
Whats the closest to the commercial applications like line-x or rhino thats available for DIY? Is there a 'hot' spary available? I have commercal air power and such.
Thanks!
chuckmc8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:21 AM   #2
bad6772
Official Site Guitar Shredder

Re: Spray in Bed Liners-----DIY?-------

Al's Liner......Its by far one of the best liners on the market. For DIY.ers or a Professional liner.....
bad6772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:44 AM   #3
BarryB

Check out my sticky thread at the top of the page. Al's liner is hands down the best liner kit on the market. It used to be an industrial use only until recently it was put into DIY kits hasn't been cut or diluted. Simple to use I have posted pics of liner I sprayed in.

Check out my stickey thread at the top of the forum page. BarryB's Coatings. I'm offering free shipping this month.

* You may be only one person in the world, But you may also be the world to one person.

* Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Two rules in life.
1. Never sweat the small stuff!
2. Everything is small stuff!
BarryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:30 AM   #4
bad6772
Official Site Guitar Shredder

Its a Awesome Product.....
bad6772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:35 PM   #5
chevy_mike
Never Ending Projects

I had great luck with Raptor. It's a two part liner. Get the kit with the spray gun for it and it sprays out very nice.

One cool thing is that it comes in 4 bottles plus the activator. You mix up a bottle, screw it onto the spray gun and spray away. I did a nice thick coat on the bed floor and it took about 2 bottles. I still have the other two which I am going to use for the underside of the fender wells.
1965 Chevy C10, Long, Fleetside, Hot Rod C10 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=415702 SOLD

We were given two ears and one mouth for a reason... listen twice as much and speak half as often...
chevy_mike is offline   Reply With Quote