The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-04-2011, 12:40 AM   #1
slepysal

been a while

Sorry I havent posted been busy with this and that Feeling bad for neglecting the old truck and the fourm
With spring here and no rain I got a chance to drive the old El Cheapo. I came back from a country drive and parked her getting out I hear a hissssssssssss coming from the front tire. No biggie I wanted to put on the stealies I bought a while back, and swap out the hubs.
Well as things uasauly go with me it didnt go as planed.
Got new bearings ,seals and grease packed the bearings and installed them in the 68 hubs I got from captain fab
I removed my left hub but couldn't get the inner bearing retainer ( remeber my 60 has the old Ball Bearing style) off of the spindel........ i guess it spun oh well. I cleaned the old bearings , repacked , and reinstalled them.
Anyways on the road again

"Over, Around or through it... "
slepysal is offline   Reply With Quote