The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-27-2007, 09:07 PM   #1
Sadsack

6 Lug Rally Wheels?

Does anyone know if there is a company that reproduces that 4x4 Rally RIms that a lot of guys put on their 6 lug 4x2 trucks? I have found the 5 lugs a few different place but dying for a set of the 6 lugs!!! HELP!
Sadsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:30 PM   #2
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Re: 6 Lug Rally Wheels?

Six lug rallies are a dime a dozen. Just keep your eye out on the parts board. Since you aren't a subscriber you aren't allowed to ask for them there, but you can buy if they are posted.

Last set of these I had I ended up giving em away. Good luck, should be pretty easy to come up with.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:34 PM   #3
BB72CHEVKT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Six lug rallies are a dime a dozen. Just keep your eye out on the parts board. Since you aren't a subscriber you aren't allowed to ask for them there, but you can buy if they are posted.

Last set of these I had I ended up giving em away. Good luck, should be pretty easy to come up with.
They are getting hard to find in some places. I went to a yard that wanted $50 for one!
Old 06-27-2007, 09:33 PM   #4
Tim Christian

I have 6-lug vette ralleys at the store if interested? I am in driving distance.
Tim Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:54 PM   #5
Evans

Post pics of those if ya could .... do they come in different widths ??
Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 02:24 PM   #6
cstanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Christian View Post
I have 6-lug vette ralleys at the store if interested? I am in driving distance.
tim, about what do your 6 lug 'vette rallies run? i might be interested if sadsack isn't.

'72 Blazer Restoration Blog: http://sportchicken.blogspot.com/
cstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 03:04 PM   #7
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

Summitt Racing is the source I used. They have free shipping. I bought 15x8's and 15x10's. The wider wheels cost me about $89 each. All of them are from Wheel Vintiques. You can access their website and look at them on-line.

I kept my truck 6-lug when doing the disc brake conversion. Now that I have the rallye wheels, I like the look, too. Big and littles, with a little rubber rake.
Running 275-60's on the back with 245-60's up front.

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:41 PM   #8
Sadsack

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstanley View Post
tim, about what do your 6 lug 'vette rallies run? i might be interested if sadsack isn't.
CStanley thanks for the courtesy! I Like the Vette Rallies Tim has but looking for the truck Rallies. Sounds like an awesome deal from Tim for sure!!!!
Old 06-28-2007, 05:57 AM   #9
special-K
Special Order

They traditionally go for $200 a set for nice ones.Some even don`t offer rings`n`caps.Guys don`t realize that`s where the expense is.A wheel can get spiffied right back up to new.Stainless trim dings and scratches easy and either costs pretty much to replace(even repro)or to have fixed(not worth it).You could spend close to $200 just for new caps`n`rings.They are all over since they came on K/10 trucks,Blazers,and Suburbans for like 17 years.Just need to look around.They`re at every swap meet I go to.I have my take-offs from my`90 Blazer and got rid of a set I traded for a Blazer roll bar years ago that I put on a`70 Custom/10 I had.Wheels ship heavy.So,if you`re not seeing any around your area,place a "wanted" ad in a local paper or other classified.You could end up in the business.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 06-28-2007 at 05:58 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 10:14 AM   #10
jerry moss
Born Psycho

I Just Offered Mine On The Parts Board Last Week For $150.00, Including Rings And Caps---got No Replies Whatsoever. The Ones I Have Are Very Clean Too.
69 suburban K20-tilt,tach,vacuum,speedwarning,buckets,shoulder belts,am/fm,4 inch all spring lift,4 speed, 14 bolt full floater, dana 44 HD,warn winch,posi front and rear,tow hooks,plus other goodies.
73/80 chevy/gmc K20 SB400,turbo 400,205,tilt,a-c,gas hog.
77 K/5 cheyenne blazer-daily driver/beater. SON HAS IT NOW
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA
jerry moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 12:05 PM   #11
tommie
97' Tahoe 2dr/2wd

I was looking for some for a while, just never saw them at the swap meets. Then I talked to a guy in my neighborhood that sold used wheels, he sold me a set of 4 with used beauty rings and center caps for $100. I bought some new stainless trim rings and new re-pop center caps at another swapmeet. then after that, every swapmeet I went to, I was seeing the 6 lug ralleys on every corner. I ended up buying 2 more just for spares for $25.

Every time that I am looking for something, I can not find it. Then after I buy it, they are all over the place....

Just keep looking, you should be able to find some close to you.
tommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 12:35 PM   #12
OLDCHEV4X4

The junkyard around here sells them for $10 per wheel. And they are plentifull.
72 custom/10 8' bed
70 K/5 Blazer
67 C-30 GMC Flat bed
86 GMC K2500 Plow Truck
85 GMC K3500
84 M1008
85 M1008
77 G30 Motor Home
72 Sears 12hp Tractor
Glenmoore, Pennsylvania
OLDCHEV4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 03:42 PM   #13
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

www.stocktonwheel.com

www.wheelvintiques.com
Tow Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:48 PM   #14
Sadsack

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUV2XCLR8 View Post
You Rule!!!!!!
Thanks my friend!
Old 06-28-2007, 09:23 PM   #15
Tim Christian

I have one set of 6-lug 15 X 8 Vette Rallys left They are brand new in the box with 4- trim rings and 4- centers small chevy disc brake style the complete set for $375.00 + ship
Tim Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:48 PM   #16
Random Guy

I know I sound like an idiot with this, but I have seen several differnet styles of rally wheels so here goes. What is really a rally wheel?

1968 C10 Fleetside LWB

Remember Cthulu is watching you!

/ (@) (@) \
Random Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 10:03 PM   #17
Sadsack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Guy View Post
I know I sound like an idiot with this, but I have seen several differnet styles of rally wheels so here goes. What is really a rally wheel?
Here are a couple of pics Random Guy. The Slilver one with the 6-lug center cap is a Wheel used on later model 4 wheel drive trucks but work great and look so awesome (in my opinion o ) on 67-72 trucks. The other rim is a copy of the Camaro Rally from the 60's.
Attached Images

Old 06-28-2007, 10:13 PM   #18
Random Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadsack View Post
Here are a couple of pics Random Guy. The Slilver one with the 6-lug center cap is a Wheel used on later model 4 wheel drive trucks but work great and look so awesome (in my opinion o ) on 67-72 trucks. The other rim is a copy of the Camaro Rally from the 60's.
That helps a little, but I still do not know what makes a wheel a rally wheel. All of these are called rally wheels, but they are not the same. What makes a wheel a rally wheel?
Attached Images

1968 C10 Fleetside LWB

/ (@) (@) \
Old 06-28-2007, 10:20 PM   #19
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

Why are birds called birds?

What it is that makes a Rallye Wheel a "Rallye Wheel" is that the manufacturer says it is a rallye wheel. Because the mfr says it's a rallye wheel, we call them rallye wheels.

Yeah, there are several different examples of rallye wheels, all based on what the mfr decided to offer on a given vehicle at the time.

What I have are Corvette-style rallye wheels, with 6 lugs. Corvettes NEVER had 6 lugs!!! With the center caps mounted on the wheels, they LOOK like Corvette Rallye Wheels. But, with the Hot Rod trim rings, they DON'T look like Corvette wheels, at least not to me. But I like 'em. Wheel Vintiques, 35-series. Had 'em powder-coated after I bought them.

Do what you like, but like what you do. Life is Good.

Last edited by ChevLoRay; 06-28-2007 at 10:24 PM.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:24 PM   #20
Random Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevLoRay View Post
Why are birds called birds?

What it is that makes a Rallye Wheel a "Rallye Wheel" is that the manufacturer says it is a rallye wheel. Because the mfr says it's a rallye wheel, we call them rallye wheels.

Yeah, there are several different examples of rallye wheels, all based on what the mfr decided to offer on a given vehicle at the time.

What I have are Corvette-style rallye wheels, with 6 lugs. Corvettes NEVER had 6 lugs!!! With the center caps mounted on the wheels, they LOOK like Corvette Rallye Wheels. But, with the Hot Rod trim rings, they DON'T look like Corvette wheels, at least not to me. But I like 'em.

Do what you like, but like what you do. Life is Good.
Ok then is this a rally wheel?
Attached Images

1968 C10 Fleetside LWB

/ (@) (@) \
Old 06-28-2007, 10:12 PM   #21
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Never ever use stockton wheel. There have been a ton of threads about them on another board. For every person that gets good service from them I bet at least 20 gets worse than horrible.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:22 PM   #22
special-K
Special Order

Rallye wheels are an American version of what came on European cars for years.They are offered from the factory.Basically a steel wheel with sportier style,mostly in the vent design(or slots).They are typically metallic silver in color.They almost alway have a trim ring.They are from the muscle car era when everything came with a typical steel wheel and either dog dish hubcaps or full wheelcovers.Most rallye wheels use a center cap with exposed lugs for a sportier look.GM car rallyes are an exception.Rallyes were offered along with the first factory sport wheels which were steel,but styled more after mag wheels with exposed lugs and a 5-spoke design,since cars had 5-lugs.They are suttle,yet sporty and usually wider for a wide track look.Both came along to mount Wide-Oval style lower profile/wider tread polyglas tires.Their classic understated design continoes to be popular today.I`m afraid that`s all I know about it.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 06-30-2007 at 08:34 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 12:23 PM   #23
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

If you can see a pix of a '64 GTO, one of the options was a Rallye wheel. It had six slots, compared to the later design used by Chevy that had five slots. Pontiacs had a small center cap and a trim ring. I think that was the first GM Rallye wheel.

In deferrence to the stroke I had in October of last year, I reserve the right to be wrong, on occasions. But I think I'm right on this one.

My TR-3 had steel wheels, which were preferred over the wire wheels for racing purposes, i.e. rallying, autocross, gymkhana, road racing, etc. Those whees were just steel wheels with small hub caps and no trim ring. But rallye wheels are just sportier, in the eyes of some folks. I wasn't trying to be a wise a$$ when I referenced birds, just trying to say that we (being human) simply accept some things that are said and never question why. I had a micro-managing female for a boss at my long-term employer. She questioned EVERYTHING and trusted nobody. I was happy to retire.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:20 AM   #24
CG
BlahBlahBlah

This thread reminds me of my kids when they were little...no matter what you said they went "why?" Um well because thats what the manufacturers call them..."why?"

LOL...I'm just jerkin your chain Random Guy

Ive been googling it to see if I can find an actual origin....nothin =(
Old 06-29-2007, 12:28 AM   #25
Random Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
This thread reminds me of my kids when they were little...no matter what you said they went "why?" Um well because thats what the manufacturers call them..."why?"

LOL...I'm just jerkin your chain Random Guy

Ive been googling it to see if I can find an actual origin....nothin =(
Hey no worries. I didnt mean to thread jack. I was just really trying to find out what makes a wheel a rally wheel. I know I sound like I am being petulant, but I have never understood what "rally wheels" meant. Sorry for being slow

1968 C10 Fleetside LWB

/ (@) (@) \