The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-15-2003, 08:39 PM   #1
Lee72

5 lug axles for 6 lug diffs.

I know this question has been asked alot. I was wondering if anyone knows a of a 5 lug axle that would fit a 6 lug rearend. Getting ready to send the axles to Moser to be redrilled. Thought I would check before sending them off. Was wondering about the axles from a LARGE body early 70's GM. BCA bearing catalog shows a 72 Delta with a Pont. diff. using the same axle bearings. They have 5 inch bolt pattern. Just don't know about the spline or axle length. Like to keep the 6 lug housing since it is slightly narrower. Almost the same money to have axles drilled as it is to buy a 5 lug diff. around here and change over my gears. Thanks for any info.
Lee72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 09:42 PM   #2
Shane
Account Suspended

Early Classic Enterprises now offers an axle shaft kit for the 6 lug to 5 lug conversion.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 10:01 PM   #3
mikep
Used to have a truck

Totally off topic but 5 lug 12 bolt passenger car chevrolet axles fit Dana 60 carriers . You still see a lot of impalas in junkyards with the 12 bolt s and the axles are close enough in length to work. Weld new ends on the dana tubes , swap the brakes and put in a c clip eliminator kit and voila . Youv'e got a 5 lug dana 60 for CHEAP.