The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-08-2007, 05:30 PM   #1
bent
The master of disaster

E- break Removial

Was just wondering if there wqasa way to remoe the e-break from the cabbb or will i have to remove the system from the frame and the rear end. I now have a little money and will be able to do more i have since decided to get a cab how ever that is a hard one down here in tx seems they are all wrecked or rusted any how both of mine are completely rusted out and i dont have a welder and i figured it would be cheaper with the dash messed up to just go get a new cab and i did wasnt a bad find ither i found a truck that had a fairley new front clipp on it dent and rust free so i will be using it i have also since swapped the rear ensds for the one in the parts truck. Im not into split windos in the rear so i wont be using the glass or the cab its worse than mine but it did have a colum in it that is tilt and lele like the one they burned in the original gone in 60 secons it comes from a caddy but i ferget the year.
I also got lucky and traded a guy a set of imca racing wheels for my stock wheels so now i have my mags that need a little work and alot of work left to do every where else.

[IMG]

Any how i have glass from a 78 and front headlight bezels factory survivors not repro and other stuff so if there is sumtin you need just holler and we'll see what we can do.
bent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 06:10 PM   #2
Srubydo1986
The Crazy Machanic

Re: E- break Removial

its a clip on the inside of the cab but i just cut mine when i removed it. but if you go back it clips to the frame and that frees up the cable then it should break again down the fram should be 2 cables no one under that truck.

* 1970 chevelle 2dr sedan Latest update June 24 2007.

*1957 4 door stationwagon - pink all original needing a good restore (body great, floors bad)

newest additions
1965 shortbed fleet great granddads. Been told im nuts to bring it back from the dead (still going to happen) plans-all stock with a turbo 292 inline 3 speed column shift. and thats it

big block 427 and 5 speed trans and ford 9 inch theyhave no home yet thinking what to put them in

and a 79 c60 trash truck um no idea i have one
Srubydo1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:55 PM   #3
bent
The master of disaster

Yes i finnally figured that out after about two hrs, it was burryed in wires right next to the fuse box, but there wasnt a clipp under the truck it was just a steel plate taht had rouned heads on both ends holding it to the rame so but i did manage to get it and i do thank you for the reply. How ever i need to know the easyest way to straghten a transmissionmout with out any special tools mine looks like it was hit wit a damned missle

Last edited by bent; 08-08-2007 at 10:04 PM.
bent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:08 PM   #4
Srubydo1986
The Crazy Machanic

transmission mount . hmm it probly shot like mine was i actually could tighten it casue it would just spin inside the rubber bushing. I ended up removing the tranmission crossmember and torching the mount off and putting a new one on.

* 1970 chevelle 2dr sedan Latest update June 24 2007.

*1957 4 door stationwagon - pink all original needing a good restore (body great, floors bad)

newest additions
1965 shortbed fleet great granddads. Been told im nuts to bring it back from the dead (still going to happen) plans-all stock with a turbo 292 inline 3 speed column shift. and thats it

big block 427 and 5 speed trans and ford 9 inch theyhave no home yet thinking what to put them in

and a 79 c60 trash truck um no idea i have one
Srubydo1986 is offline   Reply With Quote